9th February 2014, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Education Loan? Am I eligible for scholarship from government?

respected ones,
. I am srinivas from andhra pradesh i took one year gap after 12th with 96.4% and I belong to obc non creamylayer.this year I joined in nit calicut(kerala).can I simultaneously apply for education loan and any eligible scholarship?if so can I get any state govt scholarship being studying in other state, can i get state scholar if i not apply for edu loan andif not,keeping edu loan what are the ways of getting financial aid? my friends in nitwarang get obc state sch can i get that?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Education Loan? Am I eligible for scholarship from government?
  2. Is education loan possible for expenses other than tuition fees?
  3. Can i apply for Education loan through distance education
  4. Can I get scholarship or education loan after scoring 84% marks in 12th MP Board?
  5. Can I get scholarship or educational loan after scoring 84% marks in 12th MP board?
  6. How many scholarship(Assistantship) will be provided by the government or others for GMAT qualified students? Is there any loan provided by banks on the basis of education?
  7. Am I eligible for Education Loan if my family income is below 1 lakh?
  8. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan?
  9. Can I get Scholarship or Education Loan on low interest for admission in M.Pharm. without qualifying GPAT?
  10. How to apply for studies in London? What is the procedure and how to apply for scholarship and loan?
  11. Education loan for studying M.Tech?
  12. Can I get Education Loan from WBMDFC having less than 50%? -- [New]
  13. Can I get any scholarships after securing 87.5% in 12th standard examination
  14. How to get education loan? From which bank at lowest interest? Minimum salary of parents required for loan?
  15. HM Institutes are not recognised for education loan?
  16. Education scholarship for engineering students whose financial condition is not sound?
  17. Eligibility criteria for seeking an Educational Loan? How to apply for the loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What are the qualifications required to apply for the scholarship after scoring 87% in first year? Am I eligible to get a scholarship?
10th February 2014, 01:14 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Education Loan? Am I eligible for scholarship from government?

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for scoring such good marks in your 12th and getting admission in NIT. Yes, you can simultaneously apply for education loan and try for scholarship as well. But you need to keep in mind that if you get scholarship, you have to intimate your bank from where you have taken loan regarding the scholarship.

Yes, you can get state scholarship from your home state if there is any such provision. However, most of the states give scholarship to students who are studying in the colleges of that state only.

You can get scholarship from CBSE, LIC, TATA, Birla, Sahu Jain Trust, IOCL, ONGC and various other private organisations.
12th February 2014, 12:21 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Education Loan? Am I eligible for scholarship from government?

You are eligible for the education loan only on the basis of merit score. Spanning from graduate, postgraduate and doctoral level programs in India, students can get loans provided the courses are affiliated with AICTE. Certificate courses from recognized affiliated institutes and evening courses certified by government in India are eligible for the loan. If your course fee is between Rs 4 lakh to Rs 7.5 lakh, you need a guarantor who promises to pay the amount in case you fail to pay back the loan. You need documents like passport size photo, income proof/latest income tax return, last 6 months bank account statements during the sanctioning. Incase of scholarship too, you are eligible only after you clear the exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?