19th October 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Is Maths compulsory to do Genetic Engineering?

Hello! I'm a pcb student and I want to do genetic engineering! I have read that maths is compulsory?? I have also read that a pcb student can do b.tech in microbiolgy n then go for genetics...plz provide me proper n correct details along with name of best instutions.
Thankyou!

20th October 2014, 02:44 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory to do Genetic Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello! I'm a pcb student and I want to do genetic engineering! I have read that maths is compulsory?? I have also read that a pcb student can do b.tech in microbiolgy n then go for genetics...plz provide me proper n correct details along with name of best instutions.
Thankyou!
No, mathematics subject is not mandatory to apply for B.Tech in Genetic Engineering. But, you must have studied Biology as a main subject in 12th standard. Biology subject is mandatory to apply for B.Tech Genetic Engineering course.

Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Genetic Engineering:-
  • To pursue for B. Tech genetic engineering course, a candidate must have to pass 12th standard in science stream from any recognised board. Applicants must have studied biology as one of the compulsory subjects.
  • Most of the reputed engineering universities offer admission based on the score obtained in JEE, BITSAT exam. Some universities can also conduct their own entrance exam within the college.
Colleges Offering B.Tech Genetic Engineering:-
  • Aryabhatta Knowledge University
  • Bharath University, Chennai
  • Indian Institute of Science, (IISc), Bangalore
  • Kuvempu University, Shimoga
  • S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology
  • Maharaj Vijayaram Gajapathiraj College Of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh
16th June 2017, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Is PCB along with biotech a good option to choose in class 11th?
I'm not willing to opt MATHS.

What career options do i have now??

Please answer fast... i need to submit my class 11th admission form soon.
24th June 2017, 05:27 PM
yamram

Maths is not compulsory for doing genetic engineering.
To pursue a B.tech in genetic engineering, the eligibility criteria is 60% in 12th standard with PCB.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?