19th November 2014, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

What are the opportunities for B.Tech(Biotechnology)? Can I opt for Biotechnology in B.Tech?

Hello
Does Biotechnology has great scope?
Can I choose Biotechnology as a career?
Any chance for good opportunities from B.Tech Biotechnology???
waiting for your response.......

Related Questions:
  1. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  2. Which course should I opt for M.Sc among Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Nanotechnology pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology? Career scope of Nanotechnology course?
  3. Which is a better option after doing BSc Biotech
  4. Information about vacancies in BSNL JTO(Telecom) and BSNL JTO(Electrical)? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I opt for B.E or B.Tech in Biotechnology after completing diploma in Chemical Engineering
  6. What are the career opportunities and future prospects after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  7. Job opportunities after doing MSc Biotechnology? In which field can we opt for a job after completing MSc?
  8. What are the opportunities in M.Tech Biotechnology? I have completed my MSc Biotechnology
  9. Career Opportunities After M.Sc. Biotechnology
  10. Which are the best biotechnology institutes in Uttar Pradesh and all over India? Is VIT Vellore good for Biotechnology? Should I choose B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Bioinformatics or B.Tech Biomedical Engineering?
  11. How to opt for Biotechnology course after passing 12th with 50%? Which colleges can I opt?
  12. How to opt for BSc Biotechnology from Lucknow University?
  13. Can I get BCA course after taking Chemistry, Maths, Computer Application, English and Physical Education in ISC 12th?
  14. Which subject should I give preference in first year?
  15. Should I do BSc Biotechnology after opting for Biotechnology without Maths?
  16. Am I eligible to do PG in biotechnology after completing BDS last year
  17. Job Opportunities after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? List of Universities offering PG in Biotechnology?
  18. Sample Papers of LDC Exam?
21st November 2014, 11:41 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the opportunities for B.Tech(Biotechnology)? Can I opt for Biotechnology in B.Tech?

Yes, Biotechnology has a very good scope. With the advancement of medical field, Biotechnology has become a field of wide applications which combines the engineering and medical field. Pharmaceutical companies are the top recruiters of Biotech candidates.

Some of the Companies include:
Dabur
Hindustan Unilever
Cipla
Rossari Biotech India Pvt Ltd
Hindustan Antibiotics Ltd , etc

In these companies you can apply for following posts:
Marketing Manager
Quality Control Officer
Production-in-charge

-Government career after B Tech in Biotechnology:

You can apply for jobs in several Government sector institutes for various posts like Scientist or Engineer Posts and apart from this you can also apply for:-
-Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology ( CCBM )
-National Brain Research Center
-National Institute of Oceanography

For the posts in these institutes you have to write the entrance exam conducted by corresponding institutes,after completing the exam if you are selected you will be called for Interview and you can get job.

-List of top companies in India:
Southern Petrochemical Industries Ltd
Serum Institute of India
Panacea Biotech
Piramal Healthcare
Biocon
Cipla
Ranbaxy
Wockhardt Limited
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals
Indian Immunologicals
Godrej

Yes, you can definitely opt for Biotechnology in B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?