6th December 2014, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Is it difficult to get admission in IIT if pursue 12th from NIOS Board?

Hello
CAN i take admission in iit if i opt for NIOS in 12th?
will nios hamper my career ?
please reply as soon as possible
thank you in advance

Related Questions:
  1. Whether 12th class passed student from NIOS board is eligible for any course in Merchant Navy?
  2. Can I get admission in engineering college after passing 12th from NIOS board?
  3. Will BITSAT recognize my 12th marksheet from NIOS board?
  4. Is NIOS Board valid for JEE exams and IITs?
  5. How may I get admission in any college of Jammu after passing 12th form NIOS board?
  6. Admission in IIT JEE or any other college after passing 12th by NIOS?
  7. Eligibility to pursue Bachelor in Physiotherapy for 12th Science from NIOS Board passed candidate?
  8. Whether pursuing 12th from NIOS board is barrier for studying Engineering and getting job?
  9. Is it possible to appear in 12th NIOS Board exam if completed 12th CBSE but haven't got admission in DU?
  10. Is there any problem in getting job in any field or in any private companies of engineering after passing 12th from NIOS board?
  11. Can I get admission in DU after completing 12th from NIOS Board with 76%
  12. Is NIOS board a recognized board?
  13. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  14. Can I get admission in IIT or other government university after passing class 12th from NIOS?
  15. After getting compartment in 12th CBSE board in Physics can I appear in IIT JEE by passing 12th in the month of October-Nov through NIOS?
  16. Can I appear for IIT-JEE after studying 12th from NIOS -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Admission in Engineering colleges of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu is possible after 12th NIOS?
  18. Can I get admission in any recognized university if completed 12th Science from NIOS?
8th December 2014, 03:41 PM
ImdadAhmad

Default Re: Is it difficult to get admission in IIT if pursue 12th from NIOS Board?

You can apply for IIT JEE exam. There will not be any problem for NIOS student. Firstly you will have to give IIT MAIN exam and get rank under 1,50,000 and only under 1,50,000 students can sit in IIT Advance exam but, to sit in IIT Advance exam you have to score minimum 75% marks in 12th unless you can't sit in this exam. After all the rank card will published included 40% wattage of your 12th marks and 60% of IIT score
8th December 2014, 08:51 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to get admission in IIT if pursue 12th from NIOS Board?

There is no need to worry. You can get admission in IIT even if you pursue your 12th from NIOS board. NIOS is a recognized board and if you do well in the entrance exam for the IITs, then you can definitely get admission in the IITs. NIOS will not hamper your career in any way. NIOS was established basically for people who could not continue schooling due to unavoidable or unforeseen reasons. Hence, it will not have adverse impact on your career provided you study well and have the caliber to prove yourself in any opportunity before you.
16th April 2015, 01:15 AM
SmilyRishu

For getting admission in any of the IIT you have to crack the JEE main entrance exam with good score as well as good marks in your higher secondary education. If you enroll yourself in the cut off marks declared by the IIT then you are surely eligible to get admission in the IIT.
16th April 2015, 03:14 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

NIOS Board Doesn't matters in IIT you have to clear JEE (Main) or JEE (Advance) Exam. Only top 1,50,000 students are selected for JEE(Advance) so you have to do hard work to got admission in IIT As per my knowledge its very tough

Generally people say that IIT is tough for NIOS(national Institute of open schooling) Board student because CBSE Syllabus is More suitable for entrance tests like JEE , AIPMT etc than any other Board

So if you really wanna go for IIT , First fill up the form for AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Exam) form are available in last month of year and clear the test first then you are eligible for JEE(Advance) exam and then score good in that one exam

Exam date for JEE (Main) is 4-4-15
16th April 2015, 11:44 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

Yes, you can join IIT after completing 12th from NIOS.
First you have to appear in IIT(mains) exam , after you must make rank under 150000 in IIT(mains).
Then you will be eligible to appear in IIT (advance ) exam.
Approx 13000 students are select for admission in IIT or NIT college after IIT(advance ) exam.
So, you have to make rank under 13000 in IIT (advance ) exam to get admission in IIT college.
You must go for IIT-JEE coaching center for preparation of IIT.
17th April 2015, 12:32 AM
Tanveer2308

IITdoesn't matter from which board you completed your 12th. To get admission in IIT you only need to clear 12th with non medical stream that means you should have PCM in 12th. You need to score good rank to get admission in IIT (below 150000).
Procedure to get admission :-
Purchase the IIT Form and fill it.
Attach the required document.
Post it to the address given in instructions to fill form.
And soon you will recieve your roll no.
Crack the exam.
Apply for counselling.
They will allot you college you deserve.
For engineering you can also fill AIEEE form.
And some college have their own entrance exams such as BITS Pilani,VIT etc.
8th December 2019, 02:38 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

No, studying or qualifying from NIOS will not hamper the chances of getting admissions
You are eligible for getting admission in any college across India as, it is a recognised board in India
You will have to score good merit in order to get admission
You will be treated as a normal student
11th September 2021, 01:42 AM
Minal F

For getting admission in IIT you have to apply in IIT entrance exam and then you have to crack this examination. IIT allow to appear students who completed the 11th and 12th standards with PCM(Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and most important regular course in mandatory. IIT not allow open university students to apply for exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?