25th January 2015, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join NDA after completing diploma course?

Sir/Mam,

am doing diploma.

Can i join NDA after completing diploma?

26th January 2015, 05:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join NDA after completing diploma course?

No, you are not eligible to appear for NDA (National Defense Academy) Examination which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year. There are several wings comes under National Defense Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) namely Air Force, Naval Wings, and Army Wings of NDA.

Educational Qualification Required:

>> For Air Force Wings of NDA: 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education with Physics and Mathematics or its equivalent.

>> For Army Wings of NDA: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 Pattern of School education or its equivalent

>> For Naval Wings of NDA: 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education with Physics and Mathematics or its equivalent.

Since diploma (03 year course after direct 10th class) does not come under "10+2 Pattern" you cannot apply for NDA examination.
26th January 2015, 06:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join in NDA after completion of your Diploma course. To join in NDA, you need to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years old.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Since, you are a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination. Without appearing in NDA examination, you cannot join in National Defence Academy.
26th January 2015, 09:40 PM
anair

There are two basic eligibility criteria to check out for you to find out if you are eligible for NDA exam or not. The most important one being the age criteria. There is an age limit of 19 years. If you satisfy this requirement well and good.
Then if you have passed 10+2 from a recognized board, you satisfy the second criteria for academic qualification. Diploma holders are not eligible for NDA exam. Another reason is it is mandatory to have Physics and Maths at 12th class level for Air Force and Navy.
27th January 2015, 10:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

am doing diploma.

Can i join NDA after completing diploma?
Yes, after completion of diploma course, you are eligible for NDA exam.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?