8th March 2015, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to study M.Tech(Robotics) for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) student?

Hello,
I have completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
But I want to do M.Tech in Robotics.
Is this possible for me?
Please let me know immediately.

12th March 2015, 01:18 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Possibility to study M.Tech(Robotics) for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
But I want to do M.Tech in Robotics.
Is this possible for me?
Please let me know immediately.
No it is not possible for you.
The course of M.Tech is a specialization course and the students need to apply for the specialization from the Domain of their B.Tech Stream.
The field of Robotics has a lot of potential but to pursue Robotics in the course of M.Tech you will need to be from the Electronics or Mechanical Background.
Students from these two backgrounds are allowed to study the course of Robotics.

Students from the rest of the Engineering Branches are not allowed to pursue the course of M.Tech in Robotics.
So it will be best for you to choose a different specialization from your Domain in B.Tech and pursue the course of M.Tech with specialization in that field.
Also there are not many Universities who offer the course of Robotics as a Specialization in M.Tech so it rather Impossible to get yourself Admitted in M.Tech with Robotics as a Specialization.
So prepare for the GATE Examination and choose a different field within your Domain as your specialization.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?