31st March 2015, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

Which one is better between B.Com and B.A graduation course?

I have completed my 12th last year in commerce and have done diploma course of one year. Now i want to continue my graduation. I am confused about b.com or b.a. which one is better.? Can you please help me to find the best one and apply for the same? Thanks!

31st March 2015, 11:27 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which one is better between B.Com and B.A graduation course?

Both are good options after completing 12th examination. B.com i.e Bachelor's of Commerce and the course is divided into six semester and duration of course is 3 years. To apply for this course, you should have completed intermediate from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 60% marks for general candidates and 55% for reserved categories. There are no entrance examination for B.com course, but few institution may conduct the entrance examination.

Very popular course in commerce stream. Every aspirant choice will be B.Com after completing 12th examination because it has a plenty of career options in different sector after completing graduation. You can find the jobs in the sectors of banking, financial services, marketing, insurance and bpo. Even you can go for the government jobs as well or you can go for the professional course like Charted Accountancy, Company Secretary and ICWA.

Different B.Com course specializations are available and they are:

-> B.Com(General)
-> B.Com(Computers)
-> B.Com (Honours) in A & F
-> B.Com in A & F (Accounting & Finance)
-> B.Com in Banking & Insurance

After completing 12th examination, you are eligible to apply for B.A course. The duration of the course is 3 years and the course is divided into 6 semester. The demand of the course has very less compared to the B.Com course and opportunities are also very less. My suggestion is go for the B.Com course because you have a plenty of career options on that. Now the choice is yours.
31st March 2015, 01:22 PM
Ashwakh

It is good to go for B.com rather than BA after 12th . And clearly you mentioned that you have completed your 12th from commerce background , it is very Good to go for B.com .

Generally , after B.com you can apply for many Public and Private sector jobs.
But , after B.A , you can apply few jobs .
When compared with B.A , You will get a lot of job oppurtunities with B.com as Graduation .

You can apply for Railway Department jobs .
You can apply for Defence jobs (Army , Navy , Airforce)
You can apply for Bank jobs (Clerk , PO)
You can apply for Software jobs in MNC companies but you should have a good command in any Software courses like C , C++ , Java , SAP , Oracle , etc..
3rd April 2015, 12:17 AM
SmilyRishu

B.Com is too good as compare to the BA both are pursing after the complete 12th class. B.Com is good because after completed the B.Com you may apply for the many private as well as govt sector job on the basis of your rand and degree percentage.

The best option of job in the field of Railway, Defence job, Bank job and Software job.

B.Com is a most popular course in the field of commerce
3rd April 2015, 10:08 PM
amanshrivastava98

It solely depends on your interest.

If you want to go in the field of Arts then you should go for BA

After BA you can also go for the masters such as MBA or MA or write the Civil Services examination in which your BA subjects will help you very much.

If you want to get fame in the field of Commerce then you should opt for B. Com.

Along with your BCom you can also pursue the courses like CA, CS or ICWA.
8th July 2015, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

I have done 2 with commerce but if I go for b.com then I don't have better facilities for study like better college ,city & if I will do b.a. eng ( honour) then I have better college & also city so tell me what should I do?
8th August 2015, 02:46 AM
Unregistered

But in 12 account subject there is no good mark and I am with out maths. I am confuse to do b.a or b.com
28th August 2015, 07:52 PM
DSP@1

The full forms and courses under B.Com & B.A are:-

B.Com-Bachelor of Commerce
The courses which comes under B.Com are as follows.

-Maths,
-Accountancy,
-Economics,
-Company Law,
-Marketing Management,
-Banking and Financial Systems etc,.

B.A- Bachelor of Arts
The courses under B.A. are as follows.

-English,
-History,
-Dance,
-Geography,
-Mathematics etc,.

These are the courses under B.Com and B.A,as you have done Commerce course in your 12th standard B.Com suits you better than B.A.

You can choose any stream of your desire from the listed streams under B.Com.
24th August 2020, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

I'M CONFUSED BETWEEN BCOM AND BA.....WHICH WILL BE EASIER AS WELL AS MORE HELPFUL IN ATTEMPTING MANY COMPETITIVE EXAMS IN FUTURE?
25th September 2021, 11:55 AM
Minal F

Both are good option,

Job after B.COM:

CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT
COMPANY SECRETARY
BUSINESS ANALYST
CHARTERED FINANCIAL ANALYST

Job after B.A:

Government JOBS:
GOVERNMENT ECONOMIST
CIVIL SERVANT
GOVERNMENT LECTURER
TEACHER
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?