20th May 2015, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to join Merchant Navy after +2?

I passed +2 standerd with 80 % marks in commerce stream and i want to join merchant navy. What i do to join merchant navy..??

20th May 2015, 07:40 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to join Merchant Navy after +2?

It is not possible to join Indian Navy and Indian Air force after passing 12th with the commerce as the basic educational qualifications for joining these is a 12th passed degree with science stream from a recognized institution .

But there is the option of Indian Army for you having the same educational qualification as you have but you need to have few more qualifications to appear in the NDA exams after clearing which you will be eligible for joining Indian Army .

The other necessary qualifications are as following :-

* You must be an Indian unmarried male candidate .

* Your age must be between 16.5 years to 19 years .

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the requirement of job.

The NDA means National Defense Academy and the same examination is held twice in a year by union public service commission in two stages which are as written examination and SSB interview respectively .

For more details about the same examination visit the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
20th May 2015, 11:26 PM
savneybillford

Merchant Navy doesn't take commerce students. So it is not possible for you to join the merchant navy because you are a commerce student. You can join the merchant navy as a sailor. They will need the certificate of metriculate or 10th. Many colleges offer training as sailors for the navy.
21st May 2015, 12:08 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# The profession of merchant is full of long journey and adventures. It deals with transportation of passengers and cargo through sea route.

# Advantages of merchant navy are:

* Full of advantures
* High salary
* Good promotional opportunity
* Opportunity to travel throughout the world

# Disadvantages of profession of merchant navy are:

* Nuisance due to long journey
* Long absence from home
* Severe hard work involved

# Merchant Navy, offer following posts:

* Captain
* Chief Officer, 2nd Officer, 3rd Officer
* Chief Engineer
* 2nd Engineer
* 3rd Engineer
* 4th Engineer
* Electrical Officer

# Candidate has to undergo the necessary course in merchant navy from any institute before getting job in merchant navy.

# Required age limit for merchant is 17.5 years to 25 years.

# Famous institute for course in merchant navy are:

* Marine Engineering Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai
* TS Chanakya, Mumbai
21st May 2015, 01:06 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to let you know that you are not eligible for joining Merchant Navy or Indian Air force having completed you higher secondary degree with commerce as for joining in these wings you are required to be a science stream student with physics,chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects from a recognized board .

But you do not have to worry much as you have the option of Indian army with you with the same educational qualification as yours.

For this too you will have to crack the NDA examination for which the eligibility criteria are as given below:-

* You must be a Indian citizen.

* You must be an unmarried male candidate.

* You must have completed your higher secondary degree or pursuing final year of same with any stream of your choice from a recognized board.

* Your age must be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the norms for the service.

The NDA examination are held by union public service commission twice every year in the months of April and September generally and are commonly known as NDA I & NDA II respectively.Also the examination is held in two stages which are written examination and service selection board interview respectively.

For further information about the same examination and for notifications & applying for the same log on to the official link of UPSC that is www.upsc.gov.in.
21st May 2015, 12:48 PM
charitchaitra

Your 12th pass Certificate should be awarded by a recognized Board as per DGS Circular 07 of 2005 This Page will guide, how to join Merchant Navy after 12th and which Marine course in India you need to attend.

You should be within the prescribed age as on the date of the commencement of the Pre Sea training Course.

FOR JOINING MERCHANT NAVY AFTER 12, CONFIRM :

Your age is between 17.5 to 25 Yrs

Your age is between 25 to 35 Yrs

Your age is more than 35 Years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?