9th June 2015, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?

I m doing diploma in information technology can I get lateral entry in IIT after diploma ? If yes how it is possible ?? Can someone please let me know on this? What would be the eligibility criteria they will look for? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges offering B.Tech(Plastic Technology) through Lateral Entry for diploma student?
  2. Marks required for admission to IITs in Lateral entry for B.Tech (Plastic Technology)?
  3. Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders in IIT and AIEEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Are Lateral Entry admissions possible in IIT after Diploma?
  5. Can we do B.E after completing BSc Course? I have secured less marks in PCM group
  6. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  7. Admission procedure for Dr, Ambedkar Institute of Technology? What is the lateral entry procedure in IIT?
  8. What should I do after completing diploma in civil engineering? Will I get lateral entry in NIT or IIT college?
  9. Is there lateral entry in IIT after diploma in Textile Technology?
  10. Is it possible to join other states colleges by lateral entry after completion of my diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Any lateral entry exam that I have to appear after completion of diploma course?
  12. Information about lateral entry exam after completing Diploma?
  13. Can I get lateral entry admission for doing Bachelor degree after diploma course completion?
  14. How to get lateral Entry in B.E courses who have passed diploma from outside Karnataka?
  15. How to get into Aeronautics after completing 10th with 91%?
  16. Does colleges which comes under government category provide admission for diploma students in 2nd year through lateral entry?
  17. Can I give B.Tech LEET exam to get admission in 2nd year?
  18. Can I join B.Tech after completing B.Sc. IT ?
9th June 2015, 11:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?

There is no lateral entry procedure in IITs and you need to apply for admission in any other college through lateral entry entrance exam which is mainly conducted on state level. Some of the lateral entry exams are JELET, UPSEE and DET. IITs only give admission in 1st year and there is entrance exam for it which is known as JEE Main and Advanced. Only those who have 10+2 PCM qualification are eligible for this entrance exam.

For diploma holders there is no entry in IITs because there is no procedure of 2nd year direct admission. Therefore, if you want admission in B.Tech then you have to appear for entrance exam which allows you to get admission in 2nd year. There is no other way.
10th June 2015, 07:37 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?

No, it is not possible to get lateral entry admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course because, IITs and NITs does not offers lateral entry admissions. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have qualified JEE Main and Advance examinations are eligible to get admission in IIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get lateral entry admission in IIT.
10th June 2015, 01:05 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no any lateral entry exam to get admission in IIT institutes. IIT institutes offers admissions by considering JEE main and Advanced exam scores of the candidates. But, you cannot appear for EE main and Advanced exams, because candidates who have completed their 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects are only eligible to apply for this exam. So, you can get admission in IIT institutes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?