25th June 2015, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Whether NIOS student is eligible to study Graduation in Delhi University?

Sir,
I have completed my 12th class from NIOS Board.
So my question is NIOS students can apply in Delhi
University for Graduation or not?
Kindly reply to me asap.

27th June 2015, 03:39 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether NIOS student is eligible to study Graduation in Delhi University?

Yes, you can surely apply for admission in DU after completion of your 12th from NIOS board, there is nothing to be worried in it. But, you will only be provided admission if you do fulfill the admission criteria as the criteria for admission in DU is always quite high due to its reputation.

Therefore, your only concern should be of marks and not that from which board have you completed your 12th in.
27th June 2015, 04:13 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Whether NIOS student is eligible to study Graduation in Delhi University?

Yes NIOS student is eligible to take admission in Delhi University because NIOS board is an recognized board by government of India. Admissions in DU provides on the basis of merit list generated by 12th Board exams and as per my knowledge you must need a minimum of 95% in board exams to get admitted in top colleges on DU and we can say that University campus, But there is nearly 60 college which are affiliated from DU you can go for these if you didn't score well in Board exam because they can provides you admission but there is no reputation of these colleges and nearly no campus placement
27th June 2015, 09:21 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Whether NIOS student is eligible to study Graduation in Delhi University?

NIOS is a recognized Board and you are eligible to apply for the course of Graduation in Delhi University.
So it will not be a problem that you are from the NIOS Board.
If you have the requisite marks to get the admission and apply for the courses of Graduation that is offered it will not be a problem for you to get admission in Delhi University.
27th June 2015, 10:06 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National institute of open schooling

Yes, NIOS passed candidate's are eligible to apply for graduation course in Delhi university. As NIOS certificates are valid and recognized and at par with other national and state board of education. To get admission in Delhi university one must check the eligibility criteria and cut off marks.
27th June 2015, 10:44 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. It is a national open board and it is valid in all around in India. NIOS is a well reputed and recognized board. Thus no need to worry you will definitely get admission on the behalf of your NIOS certificate. Here you need to qualify selection procedure of Delhi University. After completing it you will get admission.
28th June 2015, 05:38 PM
reconnect

Yes, you can take admission in DU as a student of NIOS. NIOS is also a recognized board of India. In DU the cut- off rate is very high so, if your percentage is high as per the cut-off then you will definitely get the admission. There is no need to worry. You can also get admission from various quotas like Sport, Athlete etc.
28th June 2015, 09:26 PM
krroshan.amar

National Institute of Open Schooling or NIOS is Government recognized body for conducting exam. Any degree whether 10th, 12th or any other degree obtained from NIOS has the same value as obtained from any other boards like CBSE/ICSE or any state boards.

So you can easily apply for graduation in Delhi university if you fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria for Bachelor degree in Delhi University.
24th June 2017, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir we have passed 10th this year from nois board .now I want to take admission in 11&12th in regular board exam on Maharashtra.
12th July 2017, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

IS NIOS provide the conduct and T.C certificate to join the odisha's degree college .Because they are asking to show Original board Certificate ,Mark sheet,T.C AND conduct & Carter
certificate.kindly give my answer
30th April 2018, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir I will be failing in cbse cl 12 exam 2018 , can I fill the form of NIOS so that this year only I can apply for DU ?
29th May 2018, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE FAIL IN CBSE 2018 12TH EXAM AS PRIVATE CANDIDATE IN SECOND TIME ,I HAVE FAILED IN TWO MAIN SUBJECTS ENGLISH,POLITICAL SCIENCE AND IN EXTRA PAPER ECONOMICS. CAN FILL THE FORM OF NIOS TO PASS IN FAILED SUBJECTS SO THAT THIS YEAR ONLY I CAN APPLY FOR DU?
26th June 2018, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

I have a question. I got 53% marks in English CBSE. I would like to know whether I will get admission in du or not.
6th July 2018, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for nios student for ug hons course because theory is of 60 marks TMA of 20 and Practical of 20 how will we check the cut off %
3rd January 2019, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the waiting period to join for degree course after passing NIOS class 12 exams in october 2018? . Can I join for degree course in the 2019 academic year?
31st August 2019, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

is nios has same syllabus as cbse board
20th October 2021, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

suggest courses available in DU for NIOS students for the year 2021.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?