14th July 2015, 04:14 PM
karthi93

Experience is must for Teaching job or NET or SLET is enough?

RESPECTED SIR /MADAM,
i have completed M.A. English and i want to become an assistant professor in govt college. my query is being eligible in NET and SLET is enough to be appointed in govt colgs? or is it a must to have a teaching experience?
plz do reply me since i have got govt job now other than teaching sector.

Related Questions:
  1. Can a person be eligible for Teaching Job in school and universities after completing B.Ed and qualifying NET,SLET exam?
  2. Do I need to have any teaching experience to do B.Ed through correspondence? List of universities which provide B.Ed correspondence course without any teaching experience?
  3. B.Ed correspondence for B.Com graduates without teaching experience?
  4. Is it possible for me to get a government job after completing BSc with 5 years teaching experience?
  5. What should I do to get a job in Private sector having 4 years Teaching experience and MCA?
  6. How can I study PhD in Hindi if completed M.A. from IGNOU?
  7. Will there be any Government Job Vacancies for me having done MA, B.Ed and many Diplomas in Computers along with teaching experience of Computer Science?
  8. How to get lecturer job without NET-SLET Examst? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How can I get a government job in Delhi in the field of Mathematics? Will my experience in Maths Teaching help me in any way?
  10. Possibility to get job in Kendriya Vidyalaya School for an experienced Teacher?
  11. Correspondence course in B.Ed from Mumbai which do not require teaching experience?
  12. Am I eligible to appear for NET and SLET from JNT? What is the age limit for NET and SLET? What is the percentage?
  13. How could I manage time for SLET studies? Date of SLET exam to be held?
  14. Job fields after Diploma(IT) and having 18 months of teaching experience
  15. Getting a teaching job without B.ed degree in private schools? How much salary can I expect?
  16. Job in Formulation Development or Teaching department for M.Pharma graduate?
  17. Can I get appointed as a lecturer in degree/engineering/pharmacy college in and around Hyderabad?
  18. Entrance exam to do PhD course for M.Pharmacy postgraduate?
14th July 2015, 05:48 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Default Re: Experience is must for Teaching job or NET or SLET is enough?

For assistant professor you must have completed masters degree in relevant subjects in which you want to be a teacher. Experience or Fresher all depend upon the notification given by the respective college.

Here is the eligibility criteria for assistant professor-

1. Good Academics record with atleast 55 percent marks ate Master's degree level in relevant subject.

2. Must have cleared the NET/SET/SLET exam.

3. Candidates with Ph. D. degree are exempted from the requirement of clearing NET/SET/SLET exam.

for more detail see the attached PDF.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 12_10_MINIMUM_ELIGIBILITY__Corrected_.pdf(87.9 KB, 117 views)
14th July 2015, 07:08 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Let me tell you that both is not enough. In fact, today teaching jobs are filled up with candidates and the number of vacant positions are decreasing. Today you have so many candidates who have passed UGC or CSIR NET. But how many do you really see getting a teaching job. This is because vacancies have decreased hugely. The rule is that whenever there is a vacancy in government college, they will give advertisements in the newspapers. The eligibility criteria to apply for such vacant positions are minimum NET or SLET score. If you have one then you may apply for the post. After that you will be called for an interview. If you clear the interview also then you will be selected for that post. Since you have already got a government job, I would suggest not to leave it.
14th July 2015, 07:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi93 View Post
RESPECTED SIR /MADAM,
i have completed M.A. English and i want to become an assistant professor in govt college. my query is being eligible in NET and SLET is enough to be appointed in govt colgs? or is it a must to have a teaching experience?
plz do reply me since i have got govt job now other than teaching sector.
If you have qualify in UGC NET or SLET exam then you are eligible for assistant professor in government college.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET/SLET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET/SLET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?