21st July 2015, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about the recognition of NIOS Board?

Hi,
Is their any Government order or document which proves that NIOS is recognized and at par with CBSE? I want to know that this NIOS Board is recognized or not. Kindly tell me everything in details. Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IP University to study BCA if study 12th NIOS?
  2. Does the NIOS degree has any recognition? Can I pursue Civil Services after doing intermediate from NIOS?
  3. Syllabus of NIOS is same as that of ISC? Is NIOS valid for JEE Mains?
  4. Eligibility for secondary education through open schooling in the age of 48 years and after a gap of 30 years from secondary education?
  5. N.I.O.S board is applicable for Sarkari board?
  6. Can I appear in 12th NIOS Board exam without appearing in 11th standard? Is NIOS a recognized Board?
  7. Is NIOS board a recognized board? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Syllabus of NIOS is same as ISC board? Is it necessary to give practical exam?
  9. Can I get admission in B.Arch through entrance exam if pursuing 12th NIOS? Is CBSE Board equivalent to NIOS Board?
  10. Is it possible to score good marks in NIOS Board exams for 10th student?
  11. Is Sr. Secondary exam of open schooling is equal to CBSE Higher secondary?
  12. How can a 38 years old candidate resume his study in Kerala after 9th standard? I'm good in english, hindi, arabic, malayalam
  13. Is it difficult to study MBBS in Japan if pursue 12th from NIOS Board?
  14. Can I get admission in 12th standard without doing 11th standard?
  15. Eligibility to appear in VITEEE for 12th NIOS candidate?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for re-exam of 12th ISC if pursuing Diploma in CSE and completed 1 year of B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  17. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  18. Is there any problem in getting job in any field or in any private companies of engineering after passing 12th from NIOS board?
31st July 2015, 06:49 PM
pointer01

Default Re: Detailed information about the recognition of NIOS Board?

NIOS stands for National Board of Open Scooling. NIOS is an Open schooling board. There is no need in NIOS board to attend the regular classes. Due to open schooling people thinks that is has less value which is not true in reality. NIOS is a highly reputed and recognized board of India. After passing 12th from NIOS Board you will get admission in any college of India.
19th December 2016, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Can nios 12 pass student get admission in iiit college after passing through iit mains eligibility criteria and cutoff
21st December 2016, 12:46 PM
Devanshu_Bajaj

NIOS conducts its main exams twice every year hence becoming a boon specially for the failed students of other recognised boards who can reappear in their board exams within 3 months of their result and Also gives a possibility of carrying forward the marks of the passed subjects from the failed marksheet of the student. The main advantage of passing secondary (10th) or senior secondary (12th) through NIOS instead of reappearing in that same board exam which you failed earlier is that it saves you a year in your education.

Also it has another examination schedule under STREAM 3 & 4 which gives candidates a chance to reappear, under these streams exams are conducted every month except in the month of Oct-Nov & Mar-April, hence conducting exams 8 times a year excluding the two main exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?