24th July 2015, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

What is the value of doing in state and CBSE board? Which would be better to join IIT in future?

Presently I am studying in cl 10th KV Tirumalagiri now I am taking school board. Please intimate what is criteria for joining of your respective university. I am keen interest to join in IIT? Can someone please provide me the information on this?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the difference between state board and CBSE board? If I pass state boad and then prepare for IIT JEE will I be at loss?
  2. Which board will be better - CBSE or state board?
  3. Should I go for Maharashtra state board students after scoring 74.1% in 10th CBSE?
  4. CBSE or State Board, which is better for Medical aspirant?
  5. Which board is ideal CBSE or Madhya Pradesh board?
  6. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  7. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and Andhra Pradesh State Board to study in 11th standard?
  9. Which Board should I prefer among Gujarat State Board and CBSE Board to study in Higher Secondary?
  10. CBSE or State Board, which is better to study in 11th Science?
  11. Which board is better between CBSE Board and Andhra Pradesh State Board?
  12. Which one is more better CBSE or State board? Which will be beneficial for placement?
  13. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  14. Can I reappear in 12th from CBSE Board after qualifying from State Board?
  15. Can I join 11th in state board if I have completed 10th in CBSE?
  16. Can I get admission in 12th State Board if disqualified from CBSE?
  17. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  18. Under which board to get my child admitted in class 1, CBSE or Gujarat board?
24th July 2015, 05:28 PM
pointer01

Default Re: What is the value of doing in state and CBSE board? Which would be better to join IIT in future?

CBSE Board is the Central Board of Secondary Education. The study pattern of CBSE Board is good and well defined. The syllabus of CBSE is at the National level.Also the syllabus of CBSE will help you to qualify many entrance exam held after class 12th such as- IIT JEE, AIEEE, UPSC etc.

I suggest you to opt CBSE Board in class 11th.
25th July 2015, 12:47 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the value of doing in state and CBSE board? Which would be better to join IIT in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Presently I am studying in cl 10th KV Tirumalagiri now I am taking school board. Please intimate what is criteria for joining of your respective university. I am keen interest to join in IIT? Can someone please provide me the information on this?

Thanks!
Yes, you can continue with school board exam for class 10th as there is no issue in that. Frankly speaking CBSE is more valuable board than state boards. So you should continue with this board.

The academic qualification required for the Indian Institute of Technology entrance exam is that you should have done 12th from a recognized board. Once you complete your 10th, you should enroll yourself for 12th from KV.

After that you can appear for Joint Entrance exam.
25th July 2015, 08:22 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

I am pleased that you are determined to get the admission in the IIT to pursue your graduation degree. IIT stands for the Indian Institute Of Technology and it is among the India's best technical institute.

The examination to join the institute is conducted by the CBSE as JEE which stands for the Joint Entrance Examination. The examination is conducted in the two stages as the Mains and Advance. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognized board.
* Candidates must have PCM as the main subject in the board examination.

So candidates from the state and the CBSE are also eligible to apply. The candidate who qualifies in the first stages as Mains are eligible for the Advance and the board aggregate do not play the crucial role in the Advance stage.

So you can pursue the 10+2 from any recognised board but need to work hard to qualify in the Mains and then in the Advance stage for the final selection in the IIT.
25th July 2015, 09:24 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

CBSE Board is better to join IIT because each and every national level exams follow CBSE syllabus. For IIT you must need to appear in the entrance exam JEE (JOINT ENTRANCE EXAM) which follow CBSE syllabus and one more thing JEE is also Conducted by CBSE board so its an plus point for CBSE students,
25th July 2015, 09:56 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Both state and CBSE board have the same value but for the better preparation to join IIT, it is recommended to join CBSE board.
As, the complete syllabus of IIT exams are derived from CBSE syllabus. So, it is advised for you to join CBSE board, as you will prepare better for IIT in CBSE school.
25th July 2015, 10:47 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Fir your kind information i want to tell you that it does not matter from which board you have completed your schooling, but the only thing that really matters is that you should have knowledge in your subjects.

However i will prefer the CBSE board for joining IIT in future.

Students of the CBSE have an advantage over the students of State board that the syllabus of the CBSE will be the same all over the nation, while State syllabus is dependent on the government of that particular State.

Also CBSE board has designed their syllabus as per the competitive exams. The complete syllabus is separated into units. Each unit is then allotted a number of periods that are necessary to cover the portions of an academic year.

Here is some best CBSE schools for you :

** Harvest International School

Kodathi Village, Carmalram Post, Off Sarjapur Road, Bangalore, Karnataka 560035 ‎
096 86 199415.

** Kendriya Vidyalaya Malleswaram

18th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore, KA, Margosa Rd, Malleswaram, Bangalore, Karnataka 560055 ‎
080 2334 1454.

** Vydehi School of Excellence

82 EPIP Area, Vydehi Campus, Vijay Nagar, KIADB Export Promotion Industrial Area, Whitefield, Bangalore, Karnataka 560066 ‎
095 38 111188.

** Sanford The Global School

HUDA Mayuri Nagar
Miyapur
Hyderabad - 500049
25th July 2015, 07:48 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is nice to see that you are aspiring for future studies especially aiming at the IITs. First of all, since you are studying in 10th so you should make sure that you prepare well for the 10th exam and do well. This will help in building your foundation. After 10th, CBSE is an ideal choice as the syllabus of entrance exam for IIT is at par with that of 11th and 12th syllabus of CBSE. Hence it is recommended to go for CBSE board in 11th standard. However, this is not a compulsion. You can even do well in the entrance exam and get into IITs if you have the determination and work hard. It is better if you join a good and well reputed coaching institute as they will give a suitable syllabus, study material, coaching and conduct mock tests which will be quite beneficial for your preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?