7th September 2015, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Tech after 12th PCM from NIOS Board?

Sir,
I am planning to join NIOS Board for studying in 12th Science with PCM. I would like to know that can I apply for B.Tech course after this? Please let me know as soon as possible.

8th September 2015, 12:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Tech after 12th PCM from NIOS Board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am planning to join NIOS Board for studying in 12th Science with PCM. I would like to know that can I apply for B.Tech course after this? Please let me know as soon as possible.
You have completed 12th standard with science department from NIOS so you are not eligible for regular course in B.Tech course.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for B.Tech entrance exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
8th September 2015, 12:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the bachelor of technology course after completing 10+2 from National Institute of Open Schooling. There is nothing to worry about the validation of certificate of NIOS for engineering entrance exams as NIOS is central government approved body for 10th and 10+2 exams.

You can apply for the following engineering entrance exams for admission in B.Tech after studying PCM from NIOS board.

1. Joint Entrance exam conducted by the CBSE. On the basis of rank in mains exam, you can get admission in NITs, IIITs, other government engineering college. After that you can appear for the Mains exam and if you secure better rank then you can get admission in IITs also.

2. Private institute entrance exam like SRMEE, VITEEE, BITSAT etc.

3. You can also appear for the State level Engineering entrance exam conducted by state technical board.

4. If you are not able to clear any entrance exam then also you can take admission on the basis of PCM percentage in private engineering colleges in management quota seats.
8th September 2015, 07:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech is the Bachelor of Technology course. This is an undergraduate course in engineering and at present the top most sought course after 10+2.

Yes, you can do bachelor of technology course after completing 12th PCM from NIOS board . NIOS is recognized board for 10th and 10+2 board exams. But to pursue this course, you need to crack any entrance exam mentioned below:

~~Joint Entrance examination.

~~State Level Engineering entrance exam.

~~SRMEEE, VITEEE, LPU NEST, KITEEE, BISTAT, these are private engineering entrance exam.

~~Admission in private college is also done on the basis of 10+2 PCM percentage of marks.
8th September 2015, 07:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the engineering entrance exams accept NIOS qualification. Therefore, don't worry and apply for any entrance exam for admission in B.Tech course.

For B.Tech PCM is the right subjects combination and if you have above 50% marks then you shouldn't have any problem in getting admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?