3rd December 2015, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Career after diploma in Mechanical engineering?

I completed diploma in mechanical engineering. Further I want to do BE please give me some information about BE. I am looking for a quick response from your side.

4th December 2015, 07:23 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career after diploma in Mechanical engineering?

There are two options for you to join Bachelor of Technology or Engineering in stream Mechanical Engineering after diploma. First, you can apply for Joint Entrance Exam Main, for which diploma candidates are eligible.

JEE Main is conducted by CBSE every year and it will give you chance to pursue your bachelor's degree from institutes like NITs, IIITs and other government engineering colleges.

Application for JEE Main 2016, you can apply at http://www.jeemain.nic.in

Second option is to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test for state engineering colleges. You must have 60% in diploma for LEET exam. Forms are available from April of every year.
4th December 2015, 10:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed diploma in mechanical engineering. Further I want to do BE please give me some information about BE. I am looking for a quick response from your side.
After completion of Mechanical Engineering, you can do B.Tech/B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering through lateral entry exam.

Also you can apply for government sector like,

Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

BSNL TTA exam

Junior engineer in RRB

Staff Selection Commission

Electricity Board

Also you can apply for private sector.
4th December 2015, 12:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you can pursue your higher studies or you can do a job on the basis of Diploma certificate. Since, you are interested to pursue B.E course after completion of your Diploma course, you can get Lateral Entry admission in B.E course. To get Lateral Entry admission in B.E course, you must have to appear in Lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.E course.
4th December 2015, 10:49 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely eligible to do B.E after completing your diploma. You can get admission to direct second year after 3 years diploma course. For that you have to apply through lateral entry scheme. This is the way most diploma holders apply for the Engineering course. Most of the colleges reserve some seats for the diploma holders. For your kind information i want to tell you that National Institutes of Technology and Indian Institutes of Technology do not offer lateral entry scheme.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?