11th December 2015, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I get elongation in UBI Education Loan for doing PhD being M.Pharmacy student in Australia?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my B.Pharmacy with 91% marks in India and moved to Australia and pursuing Master’s degree in same field with the loan of United Bank of India. I want to do PhD now in Australia. For, this I want to again get education loan. So, UBI in India elongate my education loan for PhD program?

14th December 2015, 08:20 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get elongation in UBI Education Loan for doing PhD being M.Pharmacy student in Australia?

It is the sole discretion of the Bank. You need to talk with the Bank as soon as possible.
If the Bank considers your situation you can get an elongation but if your request is not granted then you will have to start paying back the Loan amount 6 months after the completion of your Masters Degree as is the rule in case of Educational Loans.
You need to request the Bank stating your condition and the rest is up to the Bank to accept your request or to reject it.
14th December 2015, 11:08 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get elongation in UBI Education Loan for doing PhD being M.Pharmacy student in Australia?

Yes, you can definitely extend your loan duration as well as loan amount. However, the facility of doing so lies purely at the hands of the concerned bank. It is the discretion of the bank to allow such extension. Usually banks allow such extension if there is good prospect after the extended course or if the financial status of the family is good or if the loan amount is not beyond the maximum limit. You need to comply with the additional terms and conditions of the education loan and complete all the extra formalities to get your education loan sanctioned.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?