17th December 2015, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Ph.D after M.Com with 53%? What is the age requirement for Ph.D?

Hello sir. - I have passed m. Com. with 53 % general category. Am I eligible for PhD and what is the age required for PhD?

18th December 2015, 05:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D after M.Com with 53%? What is the age requirement for Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir. - I have passed m. Com. with 53 % general category. Am I eligible for PhD and what is the age required for PhD?
You have completed M.Com with 53% marks and you are a general candidate so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed post graduation degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.

So you can try for double M.A in distance education to get above 55% marks for Ph.D admission.
18th December 2015, 07:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D after M.Com with 53%? What is the age requirement for Ph.D?

For general category 55% marks in post graduation is the minimum requirement for PH.D admission. You have less than the required marks means you are not eligible for PH.D admission in India.

As far as age limit is concerned, there isn't any upper age limit for admission in research programs. Therefore, in terms of age there is no problem.
18th December 2015, 11:51 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for PhD with 53% of marks. The eligibility to study PhD is an M.Phil degree or Postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline, with minimum 55% marks or Master's degree with in relevant discipline with 55% marks and 5 years of teaching/industry/administration/professional experience at senior level. The course duration is 2 to 5 years. There is no age limit for the PhD course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?