1st March 2016, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main with 40% in 12th NIOS?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have got only 40% in my Board exam of 12th NIOS. Am I eligible for appearing JEE Main? Kindly let me know about this asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main with 40% in 12th NIOS? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if failed in ISC but qualified in 12th NIOS?
  4. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  5. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS student?
  6. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main to study B.Pharmacy if completed 12th NIOS?
  7. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main and study B.Tech for 12th NIOS candidate?
  8. Can I apply for JEE Main if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board? Documents required to submit?
  9. Weightage of NIOS marks in JEE Main?
  10. Eligibility to appear in NEET and JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS candidate?
  11. Will I be eligibile for JEE MAINS 2016? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Eligibility for IIT JEE being a 12th student from NIOS board?
  13. Can I appear in JEE Main 2016 while appearing in NIOS Board 12th improvement exam?
  14. Eligibility to apply for 10th and 12th from NIOS for a candidate who has completed 9th WBBSE about 5 years ago? Eligibility to apply JEE Main and Advanced?
  15. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced and EAMCET if qualified in Compartmental exams of 12th NIOS? Can I get admission in any Engineering college of Andhra Pradesh without any entrance exam?
  16. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  17. Can I get admission in IIT through JEE Main and Advanced if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board?
  18. Number of permissible attempts for JEE Main and Advance?
3rd March 2016, 06:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main with 40% in 12th NIOS?

You must have at least 50% marks in aggregate with PCM stream to become eligible for JEE Main. For reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks available.

Hence, with 40% marks you are not eligible for JEE Main because you don't fulfill the percentage criteria.
3rd March 2016, 07:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have got only 40% in my Board exam of 12th NIOS. Am I eligible for appearing JEE Main? Kindly let me know about this asap.
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for JEE Main exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
3rd March 2016, 08:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination after completion of your 12th standard with an aggregate of 40% marks from a recognised board. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. Since, NIOS is a recognised board, after completion of your 12th standard, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
4th March 2016, 01:33 PM
OnePlus

Date of birth-
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or aftet October 1,1991 are eligible. For ST/SC and PWD upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.

Year of passing qualifying examination-
Only those students who have passed class 12thexamination in 2014 or 2015.
You must have minimum aggregate of 50% in class 12th along with physics , chemistry and maths in class 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?