11th February 2015, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS student?

Sir,
i have been passed out in 12sc(P M C) through NIOS.
Is NIOS marksheet valid for JEE Main and Advaces?
I live in WEST BENGAL
waiting for your response

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in JEE Mains & Advanced for 12th NIOS student? Can I sit in counselling with NIOS Certificate? Whether NIOS is AICTE approved?
  2. Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS?
  3. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  4. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced?
  5. Percentage required in 12th NIOS Board exam to appear in JEE Mains & Advanced?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Advanced if reappearing in 12th from NIOS board?
  7. Am I eligible for JEE advanced?
  8. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced if reappear in 12th from NIOS?
  9. Whether I should drop an year for giving JEE Main and advanced? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Preparation tips for 12th science and NEET? Books for preparation of JEE Mains & Advanced?
  11. Am I eligible for NIT and IIST after passing 12th? What is the eligibility
  12. Coaching classes for preparation of JEE Mains & Advanced in Pune?
  13. Indore or Kota, which is better to visit for JEE Main & Advanced preparation?
  14. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  15. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  16. Possibility to appear in JEE Advanced if secured 92% in 12th and over 180 marks in JEE Mains?
  17. How can I get admission for IIT after diploma in computer technology?
  18. Possibility to get admission in NIT with 138 marks in JEE Main and 80% in 12th Board exam? With this marks and percentage I can appear in JEE Advanced?
12th February 2015, 11:25 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS student?

Eligibility for JEE Mains and Advance:

The Percentage is required for regular and NIOS students is same. After qualifying the JEE Main, you will be eligible for JEE advanced only if you secured 75% of marks in XII board along with top 20 percentile.

Yes, Mark sheet of NIOS is valid for JEE Mains and Advances.
13th February 2015, 12:43 AM
anair

NIOS is a recognized board and therefore it's totally valid for JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
You should be able to get over 50% aggregate in your 12th class and must have studies 5 subjects including Physics, Maths and Chemistry.
Besides, you must have been born on or after October 1, 1990 to satisfy the age criteria.
15th April 2015, 12:59 PM
amanshrivastava98

The eligibility criteria for JEE is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally fit.

* The candidate should have done the higher secondary with Maths+Physics and Chemistry as the main subjects.

* The minimum age for appearing is 17 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the appearing year of your higher secondary.
8th March 2018, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Will i get two chances(in 2019,2020) for iit jee if i pass 12th from NIOS in October 2018?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?