5th July 2016, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Which is the right career option? Bank or Software job?

Which is right choice to prepare for either banking exam or software job? Can you please let me know the best which I can opt for? It will be helpful if you can provide me the suggestion on the same. Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Isn't the Bank PO job suitable for engineers? Should I go for private job?
  2. Which is best and easily achievable for a frustrated Software engineer - MBA or Bank PO job?
  3. Which career option is a better choice for me between Lecturer and Bank Job being a candidate having completed B.Com, M.Sc in Computer Science and MBA with HR?
  4. Which career option will be better after completion of B.E Civil
  5. What are the courses available after B.E. (Electronics)?
  6. How can I resume my career if I did B.Tech(CSIT) 5 years back? What is the right career option for me? Should I change my field from software to another?
  7. What are the possibilities of getting a good software company job after completion of MCA course?
  8. Is it possible to switch to software developer job after taking desktop support engineer job? -- [New]
  9. Am I eligible to have a career in Software testing after completion of B.Com course?
  10. How to do professional course after completing Bsc Zoology
  11. Custom Officer or Civil Services? Which career option is better for a Software Engineer?
  12. What is the scope of software engineering job? How much salary is expected?
  13. Which masters course will be the best after doing B.E CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Whether the career prospect of Accenture is beneficial for B.Tech(Biotechnology) student?
  15. Is it possible to study engineering after BSc in Mathematics
  16. What would be better option for MCA computers student? Lecturer job or software job?
  17. Which courses should I do after B.E in ECE to make a career in software industry?
  18. Which subjects should I choose in MCA course to have a bright future?
7th July 2016, 12:36 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the right career option? Bank or Software job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which is right choice to prepare for either banking exam or software job? Can you please let me know the best which I can opt for? It will be helpful if you can provide me the suggestion on the same. Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!
The software job is the best option to choose because you can have a very bright future. The salary will be very high compared to the banking career. You have a very good chance to go abroad in software field. You can work in a very good atmosphere with lots of challenging projects in IT. You can use your creative skills to make new development or design in Software field. But in banking field you have to follow the system. So you can pursue your career in software field.
7th July 2016, 03:23 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Whether you go with Banking Sector or Software basically depends upon your Achievements, skills and goals. Before you choose the best sector between these two, I suggest you to first analyse the skills that you have.

>> If you are very well versed with the Communication Skills, Language Skills, Programming Skills (Knowledge of C, C++, Java, Oracle, PHP, .NET, Linux and Unix) then going to software sector is the best option.

>> If you are good at some major subjects namely, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General English, General Awareness and Computer Awareness then going to Banking Sector is the best option.

>> Although both the sectors has the good scope in future, the best option between two is Banking sector as the job is Public sector job. So I suggest you to analyse the skills that you have and then choose the best one.
7th July 2016, 06:12 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

As per my personal opinion banking job is better than Software job. Even banks provide jobs in engineering field if you meet the all the eligibility. Growth in banks is much faster than any software companies. You do not need to run to get the bank jobs but for the Software you may.

But you are the one who will take the decisions as per your solace. You may find Software job interesting. So what I suggest you to explore the differences between these two & then take your decision to join.
7th July 2016, 10:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It depends on the kind of job you want. If you want a more secure job, then PSU bank job is a better option than a software job. Software and IT field are good, if you can enhance your skills from time to time according to trends and requirements.

Salary in IT field is definitely the highest, but for that you need to be excellent in your field. Hence, if you are aiming for high salary with no job security, then software field is good for you.
23rd August 2016, 03:23 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

These two are very good career option - BANK and SOFTWARE INDUSTRY.But you have to select the right one for you as per your priority.

You can select Software industry if you like IT life, specially coding. This is a stage where you will learn continuously. You will never feel it boring because new technologies will always be coming and you will love to develop things with those new technologies. In addition you can have the opportunity to work over several countries as well.

Or you can go for BANK. In this field is not as glamorous as Software field. But you can be a little independent here than Software Industry. You can spend more with your family.

Think what you want in your life and set your goal accordingly then choose any one of these field. The choice is always yours.
23rd August 2016, 03:26 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

These two are very good career option - BANK and SOFTWARE INDUSTRY.But you have to select the right one for you as per your priority.

You can select Software industry if you like IT life, specially coding. This is a stage where you will learn continuously. You will never feel it boring because new technologies will always be coming and you will love to develop things with those new technologies. In addition you can have the opportunity to work over several countries as well.

Or you can go for BANK. In this field is not as glamorous as Software field. But you can be a little independent here than Software Industry. You can spend more with your family.

Think what you want in your life and set your goal accordingly then choose any one of these field. The choice is always yours.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?