17th January 2017, 06:40 PM
K VENKATESH 97

What is the qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 10th and now I wish to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways so I want to know what is the qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? -- [New]
  2. What is the qualification criteria required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What steps should I follow to become a Loco Pilot and what is the minimum percentage required?
  3. How to become Loco Pilot or Section Engineer in Indian Railways after studying in first year of Mechanical Engineering? Is there any special training required to become Loco Pilot? What is the scope for job in section engineering?
  4. What is the procedure to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What is the eligibility criteria required?
  5. Which course should I prefer in ITI to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?
  6. Eligibility to become a Loco Pilot n Indian Railways? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What are the career options for Railway RRB examination?
  8. How to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 12th Arts?
  9. How to Become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 12th Commerce?
  10. What is the qualification needed to become a loco pilot of Indian Railways
  11. How to become a loco pilot in luxury and superfast trains?
  12. Whether PCM students are eligible to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways or not?
  13. Whether CET exam is important for becoming a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  14. After passing 12th with Biology can I become Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?
  15. What is the qualification criteria required to become a Loco Pilot?
  16. Can I go for private ITI colleges after metric pass from NIOS? Which course should I follow in ITI to get job as Railway driver?
  17. Can I apply for Loco Pilot post in the Indian Railways after completing B.Com?
  18. Am I eligible for loco pilot in Indian Railways being a graduate in commerce stream?

18th January 2017, 05:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?

To become a Loco Pilot examination in Indian Railways, you have to appear in RRB Loco Pilot examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You should have passed 10th standard and ITI or Diploma in Engineering course from a recognised Institute.

2. You should be in between 18-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

18th January 2017, 07:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?

You need a diploma in engineering qualification or ITI qualification with apprenticeship in given trade to apply for loco pilot job in Indian railways. If you have this qualification and have age according to eligibility criteria, then you can apply for it.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the RRB. Just make sure you are well prepared for such exams.

18th January 2017, 08:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Qualification Required for the post of Loco Pilot in Indian Railways:

You are not eligible to apply for the post of Loco Pilot for the post of Indian Railways with just 10th class qualification. In addition to 10th Class, you are required to do ITI from a recognized institute in order to be eligible for the post of Loco Pilot.

>> The minimum educational qualification required for the post of Loco Pilot is "10th Class" and ITI approved by SCVT or NCVT

>> You must have done Apprenticeship or ITI approved by SCVT or NCVT Institute in order to be eligible.

>> So you are required to do ITI from a recognized university after completion of 10th Class.

18th January 2017, 11:25 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become loco pilot in Indian Railway the minimum eligibility is :-

Candidate must have passed diploma/ITI/Polytechnic from a recognised institutions.

The age limit to appear for examination is 18-30 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

So, you have to pursue diploma degree after 10th to appear for examination conducted by RRB and qualify in all stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.

5th August 2017, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, i have complete my class 12th and now i wish to become a loco pilot in Indian Railways so i want know what is the qualification required to become a loco pilot in the indian Railways ?

1st October 2017, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

I am science graduate. Am I suitable for appearing loco pilot / assistant loco pilot in Indian railways. Clear my doubt.
My mob. No. 8918409396

15th October 2017, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I finish 10 standard I wish to become a loco pilot in Indian railway

18th November 2017, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I want to become a locopilot but I have not passed 10th after passing 10th what should I do?

6th September 2019, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

respected sir, electrician course is siutable for locopilot job in railways. please reply soon as possible

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?