15th June 2011, 01:15 AM
neeraj.pimplapure

How to should I prepare for GATE in order to secure a place in IIT? Which books to refer? Best M.Tech course in mechanical stream?

sir i am a student of mechanical engg. In 5th sem.
I want to knw dat hw shd i prepare for gate in order to secure a place in iit
which books should i refer??
Which is the best m.tech course in my stream???

15th June 2011, 10:22 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to should I prepare for GATE in order to secure a place in IIT? Which books to refer? Best M.Tech course in mechanical stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj.pimplapure View Post

TIPS TO PREPARE FOR GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ) - MECHANICAL

Some of the tips to prepare for GATE exam which helps you to score more in the exam are as follows...

-> REFER PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS : This is one of the best way to know the pattern of the exam and to know about the type of questions followed in the exam. I have attached some of the previous year model papers of GATE - Mechanical in this post... kindly check it over.. and go through once to know about the exam.

-> KNOW THE PATTERN OF THE EXAM : This helps you to save lot of time during the exam, because you already know the pattern. I have attached the detailed pattern of exam in this post.. just check it over...

-> REFER GOOD BOOKS : There are many books available in the market which helps you to prepare for the GATE exam.. some of the recommended books are as follows...

GATE 2012 Mechanical Engineering
ISBN: 8183550231

Gate Papers Mechanical Engg. Solved Papers (Topic Wise)
ISBN: 8183554474

Popular Master Guide Gate Mechanical Engineering
ISBN: 8178121328

Gate Mechanical Engineering New Pattern
ISBN: 8189301489

Chapter Wise Solutions Of GATE (Engineering) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
ISBN: 0042151046

GATE 2011 Mathematics
ISBN: 818355153X

-> MANAGE YOUR TIME WELL : Set a time daily to prepare for the GATE from the start of your 3rd year.. Talk with your seniors who have given the GATE exam and try to get the experience and preparation methods from them too... Maintain the time daily for preparation...

BEST M.TECH COURSE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

There is no best course in mechanical engineering.. All you have to do is select the course which you are interested in..

-> Just try to find your interest whether its in design, production, manufacture etc... interest in the sense where you feel you are good at doing it... and select that stream for sure you will excel in the future..

-> Some of the course which are common in Mechanical Engineering are as follows...

-> M.Tech Mechanical Engineering - Thermal Engineering Stream.

-> M.Tech Mechanical Engineering - Design Stream.

-> M.Tech Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing And Precision Engineering Stream.

-> There are many more available too.. just try to select the one which you are interested in by the end of your 4th year....
Attached Files
File Type: zip GATE -Mechanical.zip(7.26 MB, 216 views)
File Type: pdf GATE - Mech pattern.pdf(5.3 KB, 196 views)
15th June 2011, 10:43 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to should I prepare for GATE in order to secure a place in IIT? Which books to refer? Best M.Tech course in mechanical stream?

The only one thing that can assure you for qualifying any exam is the best and right book at the right time.

Only Time managment and punctuality can give you sure success.

Best book for mechanical:-
Engineering Mechanics – R.S Khurmi .

.Strength of Material – Sadhu Singh .

Theory of Machine :- 1.R.S Khurmi ,

2.S.S Rattan

Mechanical Vibration -Grover

Machine Design :- R.S .Khurmi

Fluid Mechanics :- 1.P.N. Modi & S.M .Seth.

2.R.K .Bansal

3.Jagdish Lal

Engineering Mathematics – B.S .Grewal .
15th June 2011, 10:50 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to should I prepare for GATE in order to secure a place in IIT? Which books to refer? Best M.Tech course in mechanical stream?

hello dear

for GATE exam in order to secure a place in IIT, i.e good rank in GATE. firstly you have to secure very good concept in your dept. papers.

after that you have to practice a lot in you dept papers related to the syllabus of gate.

you can follow the given below books

1.gk publication.

2.hunda.

3.rajput.

etc.

all the best..............
15th June 2011, 10:50 PM
sachin6

Your aim is good.you refer many books available in the market.visit iit website and download the question papers that helps you to know the pattern. Coaching is important in gate exam to place in iit.
15th June 2011, 10:53 PM
venkatgct

Quote:
friend,

the basic preparatory steps for the gate exam are listed belwo:

1. know ur syllabus well

2. collect all the relevant books for ur study. the books can be classified as below:
1. books for basic concepts
2. analytical books for problem practice

3.maintain good contacts and update urself with latest problems and techniques.

4.solve more and more problems. keep track of the time for the benefit during exam

5.keep tricks for difficult problems and practise hard. this will work upto success.

all the best!!!!
15th June 2011, 10:56 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI
FOR GATE YOU GET A GOOD PREPARATION FOR THAT
AFTER DEGREE YOU CHOOSE A GOOD INSTITUTE FOR PREPARE YOUR SELF

MINIMUM 55 MARKS IS ADMISSION IN IIT (EXPECTED)
45 MARKS FOR SC/ST

BOOKS:--
----------------------------------

SEE THE WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD ALL THE BOOKS OR
SEE THE AUTHOR OR DETAILS ABOUT BOOKS:--

http://www.onestopgate.com/gate-book...l-engineering/

GOOD LUCK.............
15th June 2011, 11:08 PM
sureshcbe
Member+

1.read at least 5 reference books, it will widen your knowledge
2.Solve more and more problems, discover more and more new tricks.
3.Keep contact with seniors, professors.
4.self tests
15th June 2011, 11:38 PM
dhani12345

Post Re: How to should I prepare for GATE in order to secure a place in IIT? Which books to refer? Best M.Tech course in mechanical stream?

BEST M.TECH COURSE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

There is no best course in mechanical engineering.. All you have to do is select the course which you are interested in..

-> Just try to find your interest whether its in design, production, manufacture etc... interest in the sense where you feel you are good at doing it... and select that stream for sure you will excel in the future..

-> Some of the course which are common in Mechanical Engineering are as follows...

-> M.Tech Mechanical Engineering - Thermal Engineering Stream.

-> M.Tech Mechanical Engineering - Design Stream.

-> M.Tech Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing And Precision Engineering Stream.

-> There are many more available too.. just try to select the one which you are interested in by the end of your 4th year....
17th June 2011, 01:55 AM
kartavya99

you should prefer standard books only.
12th August 2011, 05:21 AM
Unregistered

i am a student of mechanical engineering 2nd year.
I want to know how much percentile is required in GATE EXAM to get addmission into iit's. And for job in NTPC
16th August 2011, 12:40 PM
sgsharadgupta

Quote:
To get admission in iits you have to get more than 99 percentile....you can look for past years paper of gate and book of g.k publication and made easy books .
all depends on your interest there are various trades where you cabn move on to like....designing industry,thermal industry etc....these trades you have to choose according to your rank...
regards
sharad
18th September 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

I am final year ECE student.I want to know tat what is the difference between studying in Abroad and in IITs?
29th September 2011, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

sir,i m a student of industrial n production engineering in 3 rd sem!!! i want to do m tech bt m confused dat WHICH course for should i apply i mean 4m mechanical or 4m PI only cz thru PI the clgs pursuing m tech are less....plz suggest me!!! n how shud i prepare 4 dis??wat n how mch z d difference in question paper of mechanical n PI??WCH VL B MOR BENEFICIAL 4 ME...
19th December 2011, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

how should i prepare foe GATE in order secure a seat in IIT's?n tell me the strem in civil engineering for M.tech
18th August 2012, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

I am now 1st sem B.E student........ I want to know when to start my prepration for GATE/GRE
17th September 2012, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Can we get into IIT if we score 60 out of 100?
18th September 2012, 11:49 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
List Of GATE Books For Mechanical Engineering:-

GATE Tutor Mechanical Engineering With Solved Papers (Set Of 2 Books)
(Paperback)
Publisher: Arihant Publications

GATE Mechanical Engineering: Topic Wise Solved Papers (2000 - 2012)
by GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2013: Mechanical Engineering
by Abdul Mubeen
Publisher: Galgotia Publications Pvt Ltd

GATE 2013: Mechanical Engineering
by Vikas Slariya
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd.

GATE Mechanical Engineering Guide
by R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

GATE 2012: Mechanical Engineering Topicwise Solved Papers
by Made Easy Team
Publisher: Made Easy Pblication

GATE Mechanical Engineering
by D. Handa
Publisher: Satya Prakashan

Hope this helps :-> :->
6th January 2013, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

I am student of 4th sem mechanical in Rtmnu .how many marks needed to get into IIT...??
10th May 2014, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am student 4th sem mechanical.Is there any interview after qualifying GATE.
13th October 2014, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir...please kindly suggest me some good books of geology for GATE which covers almost syllabus of it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?