5th July 2011, 09:52 AM
vishalbhardwaj.singh

How can a PCB student apply for NDA or any for defense career? Syllabus to crack the exam?

Can a pcb student go for NDA or any defence career,if yes then how can apply for it and what the syllabus to crack.

15th August 2011, 06:29 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How can a PCB student apply for NDA or any for defense career? Syllabus to crack the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalbhardwaj.singh View Post
Can a pcb student go for NDA or any defence career,if yes then how can apply for it and what the syllabus to crack.
As you know there are three wings under NDA i.e., the three National Defense services which are equally important for a country like India

they are
->Army wing
->Naval Wing
->Air force wing.

for army wing the required educational qualifications are the candidate must complete his 10+2 from any stream of his choice.

For Naval and Airforce wings the candidate must complete 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics subjects.

You can apply for army wing if you wish to apply for it.
and for your information you can also get into defense service after completing MBBS also by a separate notification for doctors.

after attaining certain experience you are eligible for it so if you want to do MBBS don't drop for the sake to get into defense services you can become defense doctor after completing your MBBS though.

These are all about your chances to get into defense services

Regards

~AdityA~
15th August 2011, 07:12 PM
saurav9889

Default Re: How can a PCB student apply for NDA or any for defense career? Syllabus to crack the exam?

the eligibility for appearing in nda entrance exam include min. 17yrs, 12th pass with physics and maths as compulsory subjects together with chemistry,biology or computer science.hence i think maths and physics are compulsory.
also the nda exam consists of 2 stages
the first one is the written objective exam of 3 hour duration consisting of physics,chemistry,maths,gk and english.the questions in pcm are generally of cbse board standard.
the second stage consists of ssb interview.you should have good physical health as well as knowledge to clear the ssb interviews since they are generally tougher than the written exam.
15th August 2011, 07:46 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: How can a PCB student apply for NDA or any for defense career? Syllabus to crack the exam?

PCB students are not eligible for appearing in the NDA exam. For appearing in this exam you need to be a student of PCM in your 10+2 board exams.

But you can still have career in defense services. You must complete your graduation and you can appear for Combined Defence Services Examination through UPSC. You can have your graduation in any field and appear for this exam.
15th August 2011, 08:41 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend .......

The NDA is the National Defence Academy .
Its entrance exam is conducted twice in a year by the UPSC.
NDA has three wings , namely
>ARMY
>NAVY
>AIR FORCE

The eligibility for the Army is that one should have passed the 12th board exam from a recognized board with any combination of the subjects.
But for the Navy and the Air Force one has to have mathematics and the physics as the compulsory in the 12th board exams .
The limit is 16.5 years t 19 years for the general category students and there is the age relaxation on the upper age limit for the OBC and the SC/ST students .

So as yuo have completed your 12th board exam with the PCB stream then you are eligible to apply for only the Army section of the NDA .

For the other details you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in

So best of luck
Regards
~PRAVIR~
15th August 2011, 08:54 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend .......

The NDA is the National Defence Academy .
Its entrance exam is conducted twice in a year by the UPSC.
NDA has three wings , namely
>ARMY
>NAVY
>AIR FORCE

The eligibility for the Army is that one should have passed the 12th board exam from a recognized board with any combination of the subjects.
But for the Navy and the Air Force one has to have mathematics and the physics as the compulsory in the 12th board exams .
The limit is 16.5 years t 19 years for the general category students and there is the age relaxation on the upper age limit for the OBC and the SC/ST students .

So as yuo have completed your 12th board exam with the PCB stream then you are eligible to apply for only the Army section of the NDA .

For the other details you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in

So best of luck
Regards
~PRAVIR~
7th October 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

sir;can i join army in 11th with PCB
17th November 2011, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

what is the criteria for physical examination ? is it mandatory that a candidate must have good build , height ? and is the person debarred from the examination if the candidate has spectacles ? i am concerned about it .
21st March 2012, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

sir, how can i get admission in defence doctor in air force wing after 12th exam ?
24th January 2014, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

I am Siddharth, 14yrs, 5ft. 10inch.(s) can I appear for the NDA examinations for the Army Wing through PhysicsChemistryBiology (PCB)? If yes, please send me a link for the sample papers of PCB. Thankyou!
29th April 2015, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for naval wing of NDA if I am a bio student??
And if I have also studied mathematics in I.Sc. as a side subject?
8th June 2015, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12 with PCB and want to go in Indian army plz tell me that what are the subject through which questions generally asked to PCB Students in NDA.
20th July 2015, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Respectable senior,,,,
I am PCB stundent,,and want to ask you that is there any chance for me to join navy or air force wing after 12th exams ????
I'll be thankful to you
9th January 2016, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can a PCM student apply for NDA or any for defense career? Syllabus to crack the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir my name is prafull krishna nikam can i join marchant navy after 12th n by which processing.?
9th January 2016, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can a PCM student apply for NDA or any for defense career? Syllabus to crack the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir my name is prafull krishna nikam can i join marchant navy after 12th n by which processing.?
5th April 2016, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

i have pcb in 12th i apply for nda exam 2016 17th April n i want to know i m give only General ability test or Also give Math exam
5th April 2016, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

i have pcb in 12th i apply for nda exam 2016 17th April n i want to know i m give only General ability test or Also give Math exam
6th April 2016, 03:46 PM
aroy8091

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalbhardwaj.singh View Post
hii friend

Full form of NDA is National Defense Academy. It has mainly three parts:
1)ARMY
2)NAVY
3)AIR FORCE

MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THIS EXAM IS 12TH PASS WITH SCIENCE

FOR NAVAL AND AIR FORCE PHYSICS AND MATH IS COMPULSORY, BUT FOR ARMY ONLY PHYSICS IS COMPULSORY. AGE RESTRICTION FOR NDA IS 16.5 TO 19 YEARS.

As you are PCB student you can apply for this post. It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

For more details please visit UPSC official website.

Regards
aroy8091
17th July 2016, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

sir can I apply form for NDA wing through physics chemistry and biology and iam wearing spectacles
6th October 2018, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

I'm student of class 11 PCB
NDA is my dream I really want to be NDA officer but its very late for me to know tha maths is compulsory for it
So I want to ask is there any chance for me to take this as my career???
I will be grateful for your answer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?