25th August 2011, 09:18 PM
lokesh45

Can B.Tech 3rd year students answer GATE entrance exam?

Sir,
Can Btech 3rd year students are allowed to GATE entrance exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Which branch is better for GATE, either EC branch or EI branch? I'm a student in NIT(Rourkela) in 3rd year with 9.46 CG
  2. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  3. Can a B.Tech 3rd year student be eligible to give GATE examination?
  4. Is GATE common for all 3rd year students?
  5. How much time one should devote for GATE preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I appear for GATE in 2nd year engineering just to get some idea? How often does GATE Syllabus change?
  7. How should I get into ISRO pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE and having good academic result in 10th and 12th class? When will be the Exam conducted for this? Whey ISRO will take B.Tech students?
  8. How to prepare fr GATE exam while in B.Tech 3rd year computer science
  9. When should I attend GATE exam after doing B.Tech 3rd year electronics
  10. Can I give upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  11. How to prepare for JTO entrance exam? I am a 3rd year B.Tech student
  12. List of top IT companies providing internship for B.Tech 3rd year students? -- [New]
  13. GATE Entrance Exam preparations: Is solving 10 years papers enough?
  14. How to start the preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech Mechanical 3rd year
  15. Percentage required for getting in any IIT college? Is it allowed to give GATE in 3rd year?
  16. What exam to answer for Railway Job while in B.Tech 3rd year?
  17. List of entrance exams to join M.Tech program in various universities? Am I eligible to sit in GATE exam ? I am in B.Tech 3rd year
  18. Best books to be referred to prepare for GATE exam? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year EEE
26th August 2011, 06:03 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Can B.Tech 3rd year students answer GATE entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesh45 View Post
Sir, Can Btech 3rd year students are allowed to GATE entrance exam?
Information Regarding GATE Examination.

According to GATE-2012 notification the pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. So, a B.Tech 3rd year student are not eligible to appear in the GATE examination. The GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course in the IIT college.

To appear in the GATE examination you need the bachelor degree in the field of engineering/Technology or Master degree holder in any branch of science/Mathematics/ Static/Computer application. The final year candidates are also eligible for GATE examination.

NOTE :- There are no limit of age and no. of attempt in the GATE examination so you can appear in the GATE examination at any age and may time according to own wish.

For any more information regarding GATE-2012 examination, Please CLICK HERE

Regards
~Mukul~
26th August 2011, 06:26 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

As per the 2012 GATE rule only the graduate or final year student can appear ,
So you are not eligible..
Be till then take your time and prepare yourself,
For that you go for the special coaching ,or you can refer the books also..
26th August 2011, 06:50 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...it was possible till last years gate examination but it is not possible from 2012 examination because the pattern of the gate examination has been changed and pre final year students are not allowed to sit in for the examination ,
also there is no provision for appying through hard copy and every application should be made through online only from this year ,this is also an major change in the gate examination ,
i am attaching the brochure of the 2012 gate exam
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure 2012.pdf(443.6 KB, 105 views)
26th August 2011, 06:56 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

yes. 3rd year and final year students are eligible to give the exam.
there is no age limit to give the exam.
if you try hard then you also get a chance in 3rd year for m. tech one seat is resvered for you.
all d best
26th August 2011, 07:01 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

After completing the Btech many students want to go for higher studies. Mtech is the master degree which most Btech students like to pursue as it provides them more technical knowledge then others.So the candidates who have interest in the Technical area are the most who go for this course .

In order to get admission in the good Mtech colleges you have to appear for the entrance exam.GATE exam is conducted by the IIT's every year once to select students for different Mtech courses according to their choice .GATE examination is done for admission in the IIT's and other good colleges .

Eligibility for GATE::

The interested students should have done their 4 year engineering degree from a recognized college.There is no minimum CGPA required for the exam.

Those who have done MSC in computer application or any sceince subjects can also appear for the GATE exam.

Students who are in third year of their engineering are not eligible to apply for the GATE exam but previously they were allowed to take the exam but now they are not allowed .

GATE score is valid for 2 years

So sorry to say but you are not eligible for the exam

Important dates ::

Start date of selling of application form :: 12 September 2011
Last date to apply for the exam:: 17 October 2011
Examination Dates :: 13 February 2012

You can check eligibility here ::click here
26th August 2011, 07:41 PM
Sachal

yes, in fact you should give it now so that u can get experience and if u score good marks now then u can confirm your admission on this score also if u want to give more than 1 attempt you can do so.
26th August 2011, 07:45 PM
dhruv007

as notification of GATE-2012 the pre final student of engineering are not eligible to appear in this exam, so you are not currently not eligible for appearing in this exam.There are no limit of age and no. of attempt in the GATE examination so you can appear in the GATE examination at any age and may time according to own wish.
To appear in the GATE examination you need the bachelor degree in the field of engineering/Technology or Master degree holder in any branch of science/Mathematics/ Static/Computer application. The final year candidates are also eligible for GATE examination.

all the best!
26th August 2011, 08:19 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
According to the new rules 3rd year students can't appear in the GATE , but in the final year or after 4th year you can appear.One important thing about this exam is there is no upper limit of age or any bound to the number of times you can apply.So take preparation for GATE and then appear and click it.
Best of luck.
26th August 2011, 10:57 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,
No,you are not eligible to appear for this examination.Because according to the new rules third year students are not allowed to appear for this examination.But previously they were allowed to take the examination.But now they are not allowed to appear for this examination.

For GATE Exam,

You should have a graduate degree in engineering/technology/architecture from any recognized university or equivalent examination.

And those who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also apply for the examination.

More details,Visit the official website : http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/index.php
26th August 2011, 11:13 PM
saugata2008

Of course you are eligible for GATE entrance .If you can score well you can get the chance for M.tech after completion of you B.tech .Because the validity of Gate score card is of 2 years .

So get preparation and go fro the exam .

Wish you all the best .

thank you
31st August 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

i was very disappointed by seeing the eligibility for gate2012 ,as i was in 3rd year of b-tech
2nd September 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

I am very sad & disappoint after seeing the eligibility for GATE 2012........THIS IS NOT FAIR...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13th September 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

how much i have to score in gate to get admiision in iit?
21st September 2011, 02:58 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hi...it was possible till last years gate examination but it is not possible from 2012 examination because the pattern of the gate examination has been changed and pre final year students are not allowed to sit in for the examination ,
also there is no provision for appying through hard copy and every application should be made through online only from this year ,this is also an major change in the gate examination ,
21st September 2011, 03:07 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

21st September 2011, 08:22 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

HII FROM this year 2012 GATE is only made for the final year students and the graduates, so its not at all possible for an third year student to make it to the apperance for the GATE exam.

GATE is an all india level exam to make into top colleges of the india, to make into,

1.IITs:you need to get minimum of 96 percentile.

2.NITs:you need to get minimum of 85 percentile.

3.IISC:you need to get minimum of 99 percentile.

tips for GATE exam.

1.study all the standard books for all the subjects.

2.Read as many text as possible to clear all the concepts.

3.solve as many problems as you can, and tuitons too.

4.Take as many mock exams as you can surely this will help you to clear the GATE exam.
22nd September 2011, 01:17 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

I'm sorry to tell you that you are not eligible to sit for GATE.It was possible till last year.But from this year PRE FINAL YEAR are not eligible for this.

When you will be at 4th year, you can sit for GATE.
23rd September 2011, 07:28 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can B.Tech 3rd year students answer GATE entrance exam?

Quote:
Sir,

I am sorry to say but according to the GATE2012 guidelines..Prefinal Year students or 3rd year B.Tech students are not allowed to appear for the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam

There is no limit to the number of attempts you can make for GATE neither there is any age limit for appearing in the GATE exam..

From the next year onward you can appear for the exam..

All the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
23rd September 2011, 01:29 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Information Regarding GATE Examination.

According to GATE-2012 notification the pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. So, a B.Tech 3rd year student are not eligible to appear in the GATE examination. The GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course in the IIT college.

NOTE :- There are no limit of age and no. of attempt in the GATE examination so you can appear in the GATE examination at any age and may time according to own wish.

For any more information regarding GATE-2012 examination, Please CLICK HERE
26th September 2011, 01:23 PM
shibendu

My dear friend,
I'm so sorry to tell you that from this year pre final tear students are not allowed to sit for GATE 2012 examination.
It was legal till the last year 2011.

Criteria for Gate :

Pre-final year students are not allowed for GATE 2012 but final yera students are eligible for GATE 2012.
26th September 2011, 02:30 PM
jevirsinh

Hi

As per 2012GATE rules only final year or graduate can eligible for GATE
from 2012 3year student are not eligible for GATE

thanks
31st October 2011, 03:25 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

hi, GATE mainly tests the fundamentals.
So make sure you make your fundamentals very strong & clear.
This only comes with the practice. This is a ongoing process.
you should give mock tests so that you may get an idea where you stand & how much more effort you have to give.all the very best.
3rd February 2012, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

what is min score to clear GATE exam?being a third year student can i apply for GATE exam?
also i want to know the pattern of GATE exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?