21st September 2010, 07:07 PM
vaibhavi kavrekar

GATE eligibility after BSc in biotechnology? is it compulsory to appear for GATE exam to do M.Tech?

dear sir
i have done BSc in biotechnology this year. i wanted to know whether i am eligible to answer i gate exam?
it is compulsory to answer gate to do MTech in Industrial biotechnology?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  3. Can I do Mtech in biotechnology with 32 Score in GATE exam?
  4. Can MSc Biochemistry student apply for M.Tech Biotechnology?
  5. Do I have to select Maths as a compulsory subject to appear for GATE?
  6. Am I eligible to appear for GATE Exam in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  7. Eligibility for M.Tech, M.Tech (Res) and PhD in IITs?
  8. For which subject I should apply in GATE among Biotechnology and Life Science to study PhD in Biotechnology and become a Lecturer?
  9. Can I M.SC Biotechnology holder appear in GATE exam? Minimum marks required in M.Sc Biotechnology for appearing in GATE exam to do Ph.D in Biotechnology? -- [New]
  10. List of Government Colleges for M.Tech or PhD in Biotechnology taking GATE score for admission? I got 947 rank, 40.67 percentile and 381 score in GATE
  11. Does IIT offer M.Tech in Biotechnology course? GATE syllabus for Biotechnology?
  12. Can I apply to study PhD in Biotechnology with 91.15 percentile in GATE? Procedure to apply?
  13. List of M.Tech colleges after qualifying GATE and have completed B.Sc in Agri-biotechnology?
  14. Syllabus of GATE exam for Biotechnology? Previous year papers of Biotech GATE papers?
  15. Mtech biotechnology colleges who take GATE life sciences score?
  16. How can I get admission in M.tech without qualifying GATE?
  17. Procedure for M.Tech(ECE)? Is GATE score compulsory for that?
  18. List of top 20 colleges for M.Tech in Biotechnology? Are there any coaching institutes available?
23rd September 2010, 12:10 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: GATE eligibility after BSc in biotechnology? is it compulsory to appear for GATE exam to do M.Tech?

yes ,you are eligible to answer gate.no,its not necessary to answer gate to do mtech in biotechnology.
23rd September 2010, 10:10 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: GATE eligibility after BSc in biotechnology? is it compulsory to appear for GATE exam to do M.Tech?

Hello friend,
Candidates holding bachelor degree in engineering, architecture or technology are eligible for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
A valid GATE score is required to get admission in the MTech programme offered by IIT and many other institutes. Candidates holding GATE score are exempted from entrance exams of many institutes offering the programme.
For further information, click here
24th September 2010, 01:41 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Only B Tech or M Sc graduates with a first class are eligible for GATE. Yes, you will have to take the GATE exam in order to do an M Tech from one of the top colleges in the country. But there are a few colleges that conduct their own tests for M Tech. In your case, you will need a post graduate degree first.
15th October 2010, 09:32 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

You are not eligible to apply for the GATE exam as you have done B.Sc in biotechnology.

The eligibility to apply for GATE is a B.Tech/B.E degree in engineering streams or an M.Sc degree in science subjects.

One can take admission to M.Tech degree in prestigious IITs, IISc through cracking the GATE exam.

I don't think that you need to apply for GATE exam to pursue the M.Tech course in industrial biotechnology.

All the best!
16th October 2010, 12:02 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

dea to do the M.TECH from the GATE first you should do the MSC then onl;y you can appear for the GAT EXAM ok dear all the best
it not necessary to to appear for the GATE FOR m.tech you can also appear for the other univercity and colleges ok best of luck
16th October 2010, 12:09 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea surely you are eligible for GATE. B.Sc student in biotechnology can appear in GATE examination.

no it is not necessary that you have to appear in GATE examination to do M.Tech. there are also so many institution which have separate entrance examination and also some self sponsor seat is available in most of the institution. so GATE is not necessary in these case.
16th October 2010, 12:16 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea surely you are eligible for GATE. B.Sc student in biotechnology can appear in GATE examination.

no it is not necessary that you have to appear in GATE examination to do M.Tech. there are also so many institution which have separate entrance examination and also some self sponsor seat is available in most of the institution. so GATE is not necessary in these case.
16th October 2010, 01:11 PM

For doing M.tech you have to qualify gate but i think For B.Sc students eligibility criteria to qualify gate is after doing M.Sc and if you are holding four year programe in Bsc biotechnology you are eligible for Gate . if you are holding four year programe you give gate exam then if they call you means you are eligible on the basis of your mark.
10th December 2010, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

as you told there is no compultion to do m.sc for M.Tech course..so may you enlist the regarding colleges in which i can take admission to M.Tech after B.Sc.?
13th December 2010, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to pass gate exams to get into M.Tech in aerospace engineering?
13th December 2010, 09:19 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

yes u r eligible for m tech after bsc its a good choice
but then if u give gate through that u get into the prestigious iits and the nit and many other institute where m tech is done in a betterway means u will have the good knowledge
14th December 2010, 03:17 AM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: GATE eligibility after BSc in biotechnology? is it compulsory to appear for GATE exam to do M.Tech?

Hello dear
As you have completed BSC so you need to complete your MSc to appear for GATE exam and yes GATE is required for doing M TECH from any good institution in india.

all the best
14th December 2010, 07:14 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: GATE eligibility after BSc in biotechnology? is it compulsory to appear for GATE exam to do M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it necessary to pass gate exams to get into M.Tech in aerospace engineering?
hello friend

its not compulsory but

its the most sophisticated way to do your masters okay

if you get through GAtE then you may get a very good institutes like

IIT's

NIT's

etc..,

so always get in to them is somewhat prestigious right

so i guess you got it

~all the best~

~aditya~
15th December 2010, 10:04 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

No, it is not necessary to appear in GATE for doing MTech. Some engineering institutes conduct their own entrance exam for admission to their mtech courses. But for doing mtech from one of the top engineering institutes you will have to appear in GATE.

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE :
a. Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
b. Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
c. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology.
d. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
24th December 2010, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi everyone,
I always have a doubt that whether i can do Mtech after doing Bsc?now im doing bsc-ECE.
24th January 2011, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

M.Tech eligibility Bsc in subject Chemistery?
7th March 2011, 04:01 PM
ankit_pradhan

I have given GATE 2011 in EC and im expecting around 65 marks out of 100. Will im be able to get admission to IISC, IIT Powai, IIT Delhi?
25th March 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

can i persue m.tech in biotechnology after bsc biotechnology ?and if so then plz mention some institute for the course.
20th May 2011, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

can i persue m,tech in biotechnology after bsc biotechnology ? and if so then plz mention some institute for the course in Hyderabad.
30th May 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

hi
can i do m.tech after doing Bsc. biotechnology?
is it better option or not
and in which field i should do m.tech
21st June 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

i have done bsc in biotechnology may i able to fight gate exam for m.tech reply must
30th June 2011, 04:55 PM
swastik08

hi dear,
i am myself reading in wb engg. college
there are 5-8 govt. universities and colleges.
jadavpur ,shibpur comes in top.
sorry at your rank its not all possible.
keep your hands crossed,you can catch something at counselling.
wbut,govt seat can be got.

all the best
1st July 2011, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

i have done msc in biotecnology, may i able to appear for GATE m.tech in biotech only or in any subjects ? reply must pls
21st July 2011, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

i am doing bse biotech i want to know that about egibility of gate exam after bse for n tech
4th August 2011, 03:06 PM
liquid

M.Tech is the master level course for the students of engineering stream. M Tech admission to top colleges is done through a common all india entrance test called GATE.

The eligibility criteria for pursuing M.Tech one has to complete their M.sc or Btech and have a valid GATE Score. A Science graduate should get an M.sc 1st class and appear for GATE and also you need to remember there is no Lateral entry into M.Tech. Bsc students can write GATE, but preference given to Msc students and Btech students during admission.

As you have only completed your B Sc you are not eligible to do M.tech after completing your B.sc, so you should do your M.Sc. before applying for M.Tech. Also please try to get a good score for GATE exams to get admission in M.tech.
31st October 2011, 08:40 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Dear brother,
Anyone can write the GATE who are doing 3rd yr or 4th yr b.tech.
3rd yr students can also write because the gate rank will be valid for 2yrs.
Plus points in writing the gate in 3rd yr :
- You will know how the gate question pattern would be well in advance..
- You can crack the good rank in 3rd yr.itself,if you have enough subject depth and basics..
- No burden will be there in final yr.
- No fear of wasting 1more year.
- Lot of confidence will be increased if you attempt it well,so that you can do more better in final yr.

Plus points in Writing the gate at final yr :
- You can better attempt the exam with full of preparation at one time.
- You could get more better result than writing in 3rd yr. It depends on you and on your capability to enhance the depth in the subject.
I would say, its better if you appear in 3rd yr.with atleast having some preparation.
But,without preparation and subject knowledge in 3rd yr. Its waste to attempt.
Anyways it depends on your basic subject knowledge brother.
Because gate will be asked mainly on the application oriented topics, you have to be master at your basics pertaining to achieve it.
All the best
31st October 2011, 09:40 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Dear brother,
Anyone can write the GATE who are doing 3rd yr or 4th yr b.tech.
3rd yr students can also write because the gate rank will be valid for 2yrs.
Plus points in writing the gate in 3rd yr :
- You will know how the gate question pattern would be well in advance..
- You can crack the good rank in 3rd yr.itself,if you have enough subject depth and basics..
- No burden will be there in final yr.
- No fear of wasting 1more year.
- Lot of confidence will be increased if you attempt it well,so that you can do more better in final yr.

Plus points in Writing the gate at final yr :
- You can better attempt the exam with full of preparation at one time.
- You could get more better result than writing in 3rd yr. It depends on you and on your capability to enhance the depth in the subject.
I would say, its better if you appear in 3rd yr.with atleast having some preparation.
But,without preparation and subject knowledge in 3rd yr. Its waste to attempt.
Anyways it depends on your basic subject knowledge brother.
Because gate will be asked mainly on the application oriented topics, you have to be master at your basics pertaining to achieve it.
All the best
17th December 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that cai i give ras exam.i have completed my b.sc biotechnology.
29th January 2012, 11:02 AM
drurv

You are not eligible to apply for the GATE exam as you have done B.Sc in biotechnology.
The eligibility to apply for GATE is a B.Tech/B.E degree in engineering streams or an M.Sc degree in science subjects.
One can take admission to M.Tech degree in prestigious IITs, IISc through cracking the GATE exam.
I don't think that you need to apply for GATE exam to pursue the M.Tech course in industrial biotechnology.
6th July 2012, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

gudevening sir/ma'am

i am a student of B.Sc first year....
i wanna pursue M.Sc- Ph.D integrated course from IISC...do i have to give GATE for this...if not which entrance should i give for the very same
thank you
30th September 2021, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

I have done Bsc in Zoology. Now I am doing M Sc Biotechnology . Can I apply for GATE exam in ZOOLOGY. If I do GATE in Zoology whether I can apply for PH D in BioTechnology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?