28th August 2011, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing 12th with 53%?

I have passed 10+2 in with pcm. I have scored 53%. Now i want to appear 10+2 examination for improvment. May i appear to iitjee ? Please reply

29th August 2011, 11:56 AM
hrushi614

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing 12th with 53%?

hi yes you are eligible for iit jee entrance exam. The minimum academic qualification for admission through JEE is a pass grade in the final examination of 10+2 system or its equivalent.
29th August 2011, 12:11 PM
saugata2008

Sorry to say no .But as per my knowledge at least 60% is required in 12th for IIT JEE.

thank you
15th October 2011, 10:54 AM
rathodabhijit47

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing 12th with 53%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed 10+2 in with pcm. I have scored 53%. Now i want to appear 10+2 examination for improvment. May i appear to iitjee ? Please reply
Hi friend, REMEMBER: Appear for improvement only and only if you are 100% sure that you can crack IIT JEE next year, don't waste your time and money if you are not sure. Otherwise you can attempt for AIEEE.
15th October 2011, 08:36 PM
kinika

Eligibility Criteria Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IITJEE):

A candidate has to satisfy ALL the eligibility conditions given below:

*A candidate can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.
*Candidates should have either passed the qualifying examination in the year of the test or the year previous to it. They should also satisfy the specific eligibility criteria in the qualifying examination.

*Candidates should meet the age requirements given below.
*Candidates should NOT have accepted admission by paying full fees at any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi or ISMU, Dhanbad, through earlier JEE.

IIT Entrance Preparation Related Articles:

If aspiring for IIT Engineering !! Read This

Ideal time to Engineering Preparation

Qualifying Examination:

Candidates applying for JEE 2012 should have either passed after October 1, 2009, or should be appearing in IIT JEE 2012 in any one of the following qualifying examinations...

1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc.
2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
5.High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
6. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to the 10+2 system.
7. H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
9. 3 or 4-year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.

Eligibility Criteria in Qualifying Examination:

Candidates belonging to General (GE), Other Backward Classes (OBC) and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their Qualifying Examination. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Disabled (PD) categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the Qualifying Examination. The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling. In case such a certificate is not provided by the candidate, then the decision of the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE-2011 regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.

If you are AIEEE aspirants, you must go through AIEEE eligibility criteria. Also get in touch with latest IIT JEE exam pattern.

Requirements Needed to Qualify IIT ? Must read carefully

Special Requirements for Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Courses:
Candidates opting for these courses should make sure that they do not have any form of colour blindness. They will be required to submit a certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner to this effect at the time of counselling. The standard of visual acuity with or without glasses will be adhered to strictly for candidates seeking admission to Mining Engineering as per DGMS Circular 14 of 1972. Persons with one-eyed vision are not permitted to work underground. Candidates with above limitations are not allowed to opt for admission to Mining Engineering or Mining Machinery Engineering.

Female Candidates for Mining Courses
Section 46 (1) of the Mines Act, 1952 states that “No woman shall, notwithstanding anything contained in any other law, be employed (a) in any part of a mine which is below ground, (b) in any mine above ground except between the hours 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.”. Female candidates are not admitted to Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering at ISMU, Dhanbad, whereas the corresponding programmes at IIT Kharagpur and IT-BHU, Varanasi, have no such restriction.

Know about available courses in IIT programme as per in 9 different IITs spread across country.

If you have any question regarding IIT JEE entrance exam or any confusion regarding eligibility criteria in JEE exam, go at IIT JEE FAQs .
18th October 2011, 12:44 PM
SUBHO010

Unhappy Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing 12th with 53%?

Sorry but u dont qualify for iitjee as u need atleast 60 % marks to be seated in the entrance exam
13th December 2011, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to apply for IIT with just 56.2 % marks in 12th and 88% in 10th.
13th December 2011, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for having 56.2%in 12th and 88%in 10th .
13th December 2011, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for IIT entrance exam having 56.2% in 12th and 88%in10th
13th December 2011, 12:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for IIT-JEE exam because your 12th marks is below 60%.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA IIT-JEE :-

1.The candidate have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board with physics ,chem and math.

2. You must score 60% above in 12 th.

If you fulfill the above criteria then you are eligible for IIT JEE.

AGE CRITERIA:-

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

IIT JEE SCHEDULE:-

Form availability - 11th November, 2011

Last date for submitting form – 5th December, 2011

Availability of online forms for IIT JEE 2012 – From 11th November 2011 to 10th December 2011

IIT JEE 2012 date – 8th April, 2012 (Sunday)

IIT JEE 2012 Result declaration date – 16th May, 2012

So you are eligible for 2013 IIT JEE EXAM.

COST OF THE IIT JEE FORM:-

For GENERAL and OBC-1600
For SC and ST -800
16th December 2011, 12:34 AM
abhisek.sonu

Eligibility Criteria Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IITJEE):

A candidate has to satisfy ALL the eligibility conditions given below:

*A candidate can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.
*Candidates should have either passed the qualifying examination in the year of the test or the year previous to it. They should also satisfy the specific eligibility criteria in the qualifying examination.

*Candidates should meet the age requirements given below.
*Candidates should NOT have accepted admission by paying full fees at any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi or ISMU, Dhanbad, through earlier JEE.

IIT Entrance Preparation Related Articles:

If aspiring for IIT Engineering !! Read This

Ideal time to Engineering Preparation
14th March 2012, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

How many marks in physics are compulsory for iit entrance of class 12th?
29th May 2012, 10:00 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

The Joint Entrance Examination is carried out a annually by the Indian Institute of Technology for the admittance of students in to the B.Tech courses offered at the institution.
The IIT-JEE comprises of 2 papers .each of these paper has a time period of 2 hours.The questions asked will be of the objective nature.The questions asked shall be from chemistry,mathematics and physics.
Eligibility criteria for IIT-JEE:
  • The eligibility needed to by one to write this exam is a pass in XII standard.
  • Apllicants can appear for this exam only twice,that two in the consecutive years.
  • Applicants must have a both mentally and physically healthy.
  • Those who are going to give their final exams can apply as well.
Reservation for IIT-JEE exam:
The reservation put forward by the Indian Government are as follows:
  • SC candidates-15% seats.
  • ST candidates-7.5% seats
  • OBC candidates-27% seats

All the best....................
14th August 2012, 08:13 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend ,

You are not eligible for IIT JEE after passing 12th with 53% marks because the minimum marks that you require in 12th in order to be eligible for IIT JEE is 60% .

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
15th August 2012, 10:49 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->Eligibility criteria:-

-The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

-The candidate can appear in the joint entrance exam 2 times only that also should be in consecutive years.

-The candiadte who will be giving their final examination of +2 are alsoeligible to apply.

-Age limit must be between 25 year.

-also you should have physics,chemistry and maths subjects during +2.

-You should have 60% marks atleast.

-you can give this exam two times.

-->Following are the exams:-

--IIT-KANPUR

-IIT-KHARAGPUR

-IIT-MUMBAI

-IIT-DELHI

-IIT-MADRAS

-IIT-ROORKEE

-IIT-VARANASI

-IIT-GANDHINAGAR

-IIT-BHUBNESHWAR

-IIT-PATNA

-IIT-MANDI

-IIT-ROPAR

-IIT-MADRAS

-IIT-GUWAHATI

-IIT-INDORE

ALL THE BEST..

go ahead and work hard to get good rank.
16th August 2012, 12:27 AM
rch91

Quote:
Am i eligible to apply for IIT with just 56.2 % marks in 12th and 88% in 10th.
Sorry to say but your 12th percentage is quite low so you are not eligible for IIT exam.
To be eligible for IIT exam one should have atleast 60% in12th std. or equivalent exam from recognized boards.
So try hard next time as you can give IIT exam in consecutive year.
All the best..!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?