19th October 2011, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for IPS exam after losing my middle finger in accident?

sir i have lost my middle finger of my left leg in an accident . . . so am i eligible for appearing for IPS exam . . . will i be rejected on medical grounds?

19th October 2011, 11:07 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am i eligible for IPS exam after losing my middle finger in accident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i have lost my middle finger of my left leg in an accident . . . so am i eligible for appearing for IPS exam . . . will i be rejected on medical grounds?
I think this will not be a big problem.

according to UPSC, I have a few details which may help you.

As your case is no where discussed in the past.
But I guess according to my research I can tell you that you can be eligible to appear in civil service exam.

As you have not mentioned about your PH status.
its only a finger so it will not be a problem unless and untill if you have stress to lift weights.and also it is of leg it will mainly get un noticed and definitely will asked for a explanation be ready with that explanation in your medical test round.

i think you are not that case that you can not lift and apply for Civil service exam.

you should only not have weakness of gripping.

as your target is to be an IPS officer you should be physically and mentally fit. no matter if you don't have a finger. I think it will be not considered as a Physically handicapped. if and only if you are facing problems with your impairment.

Don't keep any worries do apply for Civil service exam.
you will not be stopped anywhere in the examination pattern. if at all the finger problem is raised after your Selection of service that is in the Medical test time.
then you can shift to another service it is important to serve the country.
so don't loose confidence and apply to civil service examination after your graduation.

as you don't know about your PH Status once check this attachment and know about it.
also I'm attaching a physical requirements text for your information so please do have a look into it.

regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 12097.pdf(90.6 KB, 713 views)
File Type: pdf Noti....pdf(346.2 KB, 124 views)
File Type: txt physical requirements.txt(2.9 KB, 208 views)
19th October 2011, 12:14 PM
tejesh_09

Default Re: Am i eligible for IPS exam after losing my middle finger in accident?

Loss of middle finger of leg will not be a problem for eligibility for IPS. Though physical standard is important for this job there is no specification of ineligibility for loss of finger in leg. So no doubt you are eligible for IPS.

The physical standards are important for the job profile
and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes
weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for
25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault
course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc.

Services are divided into technical and non-technical.
Technical services are IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF &
other Police organisation. The Medical standards for
Technical Services are stringent.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST
(not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general
also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
19th October 2011, 05:16 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for IPS exam after losing my middle finger in accident?

hi dear.......
Yes you are eligible for this exam ., because loose of leg finger does not matter , if you
full fill this criteria then you are eligible for this exam..

for more information you can visit website of upsc ....
http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck...
19th October 2011, 06:15 PM
ankit5ine

dear friend,

IPS is an exam which mainly requires mental strength and strategies.you lost your finger ,in this case my suggestion will be more pointed towards the goal .
Yes you are eligible for this exam as such many aspirants who belongs to handicapped clear this exam and further you are not counted in this category .mainly you should be more concern to tackle the interview part and prepare yourself to comment your position (finger).

thank you.
21st June 2012, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

sir my righthand finger is fecture but ofter opration clearly move. so am i eligible for IPS exam.
23rd October 2015, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir
I have lost my one part of my ring finger of left hand and i have proper PH i am eligible for IPS
28th May 2017, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir my first finger of right Hand was fractured in childhood.. Due to lack of attention it didn't recovered very well? Can I apply for ips?
1st August 2019, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have lost my middle finger of my left hand. When I was a child will playing so so am i eligible for appearing for IPS exam . . . will i be rejected on medical grounds?
12th September 2019, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible constable medical exam after losing my right hand index and middle finger first ridge
9th May 2020, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have an extra thumb in my right hand. Am i eligible to give the exam of ias. I can't remove it so is there any problem with it.
20th December 2020, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

My left hand's ring finger is half cut can i join UPSC civil or i m rejected in medical
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?