21st November 2011, 08:09 PM
Ashis Dolui

What is the eligibility for B.Pharmacy? I passed Zoology, Botany & Chemistry with 53.69% marks

Respected Sir / Madam,

I am Ashis Kumar Dolui, from Howrah district. I want to know that, I passed B.Sc.(Bio. General) from Calcutta University, my subjects ate Zoology, Botany & Chemistry with 53.69% marks.
So, am I elegible for the B. Pharmacy?

Yours faithfully
Ashis kr. Dolui

29th July 2012, 01:04 PM
karthik.mm
Member+

Default Re: What is the eligibility for B.Pharmacy? I passed Zoology, Botany & Chemistry with 53.69% marks

Dear friend,

The main courses in Pharmacy are :-
1)2 years Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm),
2)4 years Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm),
3)2 years Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) and Ph.d programmes.

Admission to the Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm), requires a pass in10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology.

Candidates who posses 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Biology are admitted to the 4-year bachelors program level (Bachelor of Pharmacy or B.Pharm). At Bachelor level there is no specialization.

At the masters level (M Pharm) specialization is available in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Engineering etc. And after M.Pharm candidates can go for Ph.d programme in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Marketing & Management.

After obtaining a diploma or degree in pharmacy, and registering with the state Pharmacy Council, it is possible set up your own pharmacy or chemists and druggists shop to stock and sell medicines and dispense them according to doctors prescription.

The criteria of minimum percentage of marks may differ from college to college.

All the Best
3rd March 2013, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the eligibility for B.Pharmacy? I passed Zoology, Botany & Chemistry with 53.69% marks

I passed 2nd puc with 45 percent then we want to make b pharmacy can i do that
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?