22nd December 2011, 04:51 PM
Gk09

Are diploma students eligible to apply for BITS? How to apply for the exam? What is the exam syllabus?

Sir, I am diploma student admission BE in BITS I am eligible to apply I have 77% how to apply Exam and procedure of exam and
What is the exam sylabs. Please send me about the information thank you

16th February 2012, 10:12 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are diploma students eligible to apply for BITS? How to apply for the exam? What is the exam syllabus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gk09 View Post
Sir, I am diploma student admission BE in BITS I am eligible to apply I have 77% how to apply Exam and procedure of exam and
What is the exam sylabs. Please send me about the information thank you
To pursue B.E. from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, the candidate must have qualified higher secondary level or equivalent from a recognized board, with the subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
The Diploma programs and their recognition varies and since you haven't provided much detail about your diploma program, we are not sure whether it will be considered eligible or not. However, if it does and since you have scored 77% in the same, you might be considered for the entrance exam conducted by the Institute. The entrance exam is known as BITSAT.

The syllabus of the entrance test has been provided below.

For further information, refer to the official website of BITS.

Physics:
  • Units & Measurement
  • Kinematics
  • Newton’s Laws of Motion
  • Impulse and Momentum
  • Work and Energy
  • Rotational Motion
  • Gravitation
  • Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
  • Oscillations
  • Waves
  • Heat and Thermodynamics
  • Electrostatics
  • Current Electricity
  • Magnetic Effect of Current
  • Electromagnetic Induction
  • Optics
  • Modern Physics

Chemistry:
  • States of Matter
  • Atomic Structure
  • Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
  • Thermodynamics
  • Physical and Chemical Equilibria
  • Electrochemistry
  • Chemical Kinetics
  • Hydrogen and s-block elements
  • Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
  • Stereochemistry
  • Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
  • Biological , Industrial and Environmental chemistry
  • Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
English Proficiency:
  • Grammar
  • Vocabulary
  • Reading Comprehension
  • Composition
Logical Reasoning:
  • Verbal Reasoning
  • Nonverbal Reasoning
Mathematics:
  • Algebra
  • Trigonometry
  • Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
  • Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry
  • Differential calculus
  • Integral calculus
  • Ordinary Differential Equations
  • Probability
  • Vectors
  • Statistics
  • Linear Programming
17th February 2012, 01:36 AM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: Are diploma students eligible to apply for BITS? How to apply for the exam? What is the exam syllabus?

Dear,

The last date of registration for BITSAT is already over. So, you have to skip this year.

The following is the homepage of BITSAT:
http://www.bitsadmission.com/. Please keep visiting this page next year and you should be able to apply in time. In the meanwhile, keep your preparations going on in full swing.
12th July 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

iam completed my diploma in mechanical engineering with 81% can i eligible for bits.............
is there any oppurtunity for direct joining in bits
16th September 2012, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

sir,i completed my diploma in mechanical engineering with 82%.can i eligible to do b.e in bits.if iam eligible what is the procedure to apply?what is the sylabus for bits? plese give me reply for my question thank u sir.
25th December 2012, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i am cplited diploma in tool & dimaking 4 years cours with 62% can i eligible for for study the mechanical engineering in bitts please give me repply for my question thank u sir
6th January 2014, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir I've completed Diploma in Computer engineering from an autonomous institute. I had a backlog in the final year,which I have cleared now. Can I get admission in Bits Pilani for engineering? If yes, then how? Please answer my query ASAP...
5th February 2014, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

I think, diploma students are eligible for Correspondence B-Tech in BITS

Regards
Kumar
28th February 2015, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

I am in the second year of my diploma in computer technology.I want to pursue my degree from bits. I wanted to enquire that after completing my diploma will I be promoted to second year engineering or first year.What is the exam syllabus? And any classes or books that can help me to prepare for entrance exam??
17th February 2017, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,this year my son will complete his diploma in mechanical. In his 5th semester he scored 84% & I'm sure he will score same again so my question is is it possible for him to get admission for the degree in bits? This my 1st question and the 2nd question is will he get admission for 1st or to direct 2nd yr of engineering. What is the procedure?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?