27th December 2011, 07:44 PM
azharalirizvi

How to do MBA from any top institutes after doing B.Com from Lucknow Christian Degree College?

I have done my B.Com from Lucknow Christian Degree College affiliated to Lucknow University with 49.45% which is very less. I want to do my MBA with any one of the top institutions. At present I am full of stress I request you to please guide me a way to achieve my goal. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for top MBA entrance exam like CAT, MAT, XAT etc? Suggest me a way which takes me towards my goal. I have done my 10th with commerce stream. I got 61% marks in 12th and 49.5% marks in B.Com from Lucknow Christian Degree College
  2. Best colleges in Lucknow for B.Com except Lucknow Christian College? How good is National PG college or Lucknow University for B.Com?
  3. Best colleges for B.Com in Lucknow except Lucknow Christian College? What about National PG college or Lucknow?
  4. Which are the best colleges for B.Com in Lucknow?
  5. List of MBA colleges with hostel facility and fee structure in Lucknow?
  6. List of the top ten institutes offering biotechnology courses(B.Sc/B.Tech) in Lucknow?
  7. How to do MBA after passing B.Com degree?
  8. How can I get the central job or state job in India for the post of clerk grade/officer's grade? I am pursuing B.Tech in CSE
  9. MBA college in Lucknow under 2 lakhs with hostel -- [New]
  10. Best 35 MBA colleges for which I can apply? Rankwise top MBA colleges in Pune?
  11. Colleges offering MSc Correspondence in Central Area of City? What is the fee structure of the course?
  12. List of the top MBA institutes in Delhi under MAT? Which one college should I opt for my MBA degree either JIMS Rohini, NDIM New Delhi or Apeejay? I am B.Tech graduate having 653 marks in MAT
  13. Help Please..
  14. Which are the MBA institutes other than IIMs where I can get good placements?
  15. Which colleges can I get after scoring 749.5 in MAT?
  16. Total number of government seats available in U.P.T.U? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I get a seat in HBTI, Kanpuror MMM, Gorakhpur or IET, Lucknow for MBA course? List of thr top government colleges in UP for MBA course? My UPSEE rank is 6897 under general categories and having 58th rank under AF & OBC categories
  18. Which is a better option after completing B.Tech : Higher studies or Job? Opportunities after M.Tech?
1st September 2012, 04:55 PM
shadab879

Default Re: How to do MBA from any top institutes after doing B.Com from Lucknow Christian Degree College?

Hello user,
I am sorry to say that but you are not eligible to take admission im top MBA college. To take admission in an MBA college one has to clear CAT/XAT/MAT and other entrance exams. The minimum eligibility criteria to sit for these entrance exams is :
#One must be a citizen on India
#One must be a graduate with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
So according to the qualification eligibility you are not eligible.
1st September 2012, 07:50 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do MBA from any top institutes after doing B.Com from Lucknow Christian Degree College?

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. The best institutes to study MBA in India are the IIMs which stands for Indian Institute of Management. Unfortunately you are not eligible for the IIMs unless you are reserve category candidate.

The reason I said it is because to get admission in IIM, you will have to appear in entrance exam called CAT - Common Admission Test. Unfortunately you only meet the requirement criteria for Common Admission Test, if belongs to the reserve category.

To appear in Common Admission Test, candidate is required to score at least 50 percent marks in graduation course. You have scored 49.45%, which is not enough. However candidates from reserve category are only required to score 45 percent marks in graduation course.

In such scenario, you are eligible for the Common Admission Test. You should study hard to crack the CAT exam. But despite cracking the CAT exam, don't think that you would easily get admission for IIM. Even after passing CAT exam, various factors would determine whether you will get admission in IIMs for not. This include 10th and 12th standard marks and even graduation score. You would have to appear in written test which each IIM conducts separately.

In case you are not eligible for the Common Admission Test, there is no way to get admission in IIMs. But this is nothing to be disappointed about, because there are other good MBA institutes where you can apply for admission.

The procedure would be through MAT entrance exam. MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test. There are plenty of colleges in India that accept the MAT exam score to give admission. To appear in MAT you are only required to complete graduation course. There is no requirement of percentage.

Top MAT Institutes

IIMM Pune

Alliance Business Academy Bangalore

SCMS Cochin

Birla Institute of Technology Delhi

Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Delhi

Amity Busines School, Noida

Christ College Institute of Management, Bangalore

Institute of Rural Management, Jaipur

IMS Ghaziabad

IILM Delhi
1st September 2012, 10:35 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by azharalirizvi View Post
I have done my B.Com from Lucknow Christian Degree College affiliated to Lucknow University with 49.45% which is very less. I want to do my MBA with any one of the top institutions. At present I am full of stress I request you to please guide me a way to achieve my goal. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

You are roughly 0.5% short of 50% which is the minimum percentage required to sit for the top MBA Entrance Exams like CAT or SNAP. They are the gateways to the top premier B-Schools in India. So i am afraid to say this but it is not possible for you to pursue MBA from IIM or Symbiosis and other such institutions which demands minimum 50% in aggregate as the eligibility criteria.

But that does not means it is the end of the world. There are various other entrance examination which you can give and on getting good marks you can make it to equally top-class and well renowned institutions. The option of of giving MAT is open to you. Here i will discuss in details about its eligibility criteria. They are as follows:

MAT Exam Eligibility Criteria:
  • MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test and it is also a National Entrance Test which is conducted by All India Management Aptitude Testing Service. This exam can be given for four times a year- February, May, September and December. This exam can be given both online and offline.
  • If you wish to give the MAT Exam then you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university in any discipline.
  • The minimum percentage of marks to obtain at graduation level have not been mentioned which means if you have the pass marks then also you can give this exam.
  • If you are in the final year about to give the final year exam or awaiting the result then also you can give this MAT exam.
  • There is no age criteria as such which means you have the liberty to give this exam whenever you want to.
  • There is no restriction on the number of attempts too. So you can give this exam as many times you want to.
  • Although the exam pattern generally varies from one year to the other but its mainly an objective type test where 200 questions will be asked and you have to complete the whole paper in two and a half hours' time.
  • For the written exam you need to stress on the following sections:

1. Language Comprehension
2. Mathematical Skills
3. Data Analysis and Sufficiency
4. Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
5. Indian and Global Environment

Top MAT Institutes in India:

New Delhi Institute of Management, New Delhi

Alliance Business School, Bangalore

Institute of Rural Management (IRM), Jaipur

School of Communication and Management Studies, Cochin

VIT Business School, Vellore

D.A.V. Institute of Management, Faridabad

Top MAT Coaching Centres in India:
  • Career Launcher
  • IMS Learning Centre
  • Career Forum
  • Vidyasagar Classes
  • Endeavor Careers
  • Excel Management Foundation
  • PT Education
  • Ascent Education
  • Brilliant Tutorials
  • T.I.M.E.

Hope this helps :-> :->
2nd September 2012, 03:32 PM
veena budihal

thanks for giving detailed information
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?