3rd January 2012, 09:08 PM

How should I prepare for GATE Exam?

how should i prepare for gate/...
give me guidelines please

4th January 2012, 12:34 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for GATE Exam?

GATE Exam stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Exam is being conducted by Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) in order to give admission for M.Tech course in various colleges and IIMs all over India.

Here are some of the guidelines to prepare for GATE Exam.

-Its better to start preparation for GATE Exam as early as you can. If you start early, you have a chance to cover more topics in detailed manner.

-Most of the Questions in GATE Exam will be asked from the syllabus of subjects which you go through in your B.Tech course. So, don't neglect your academics. Try to finish all chpaters in the subjects so that you can gain good marks in B.Tech exams.

-This will further helpful for you from the preparation point for GATE Exam.

-Purchase GATE Questions and Answers books avaialble in the market. Soon after the completion of a particular chapter in your B.Tech subject, go through these GATE Questions and Answers books and know the way in which the questions are being asked in GATE Exam from that chapter.

-Repeat this procedure for all chapters of all subjects.

-In addition, practice various model question papers and previous year question papers for GATE Exam. Because, there is every chance that some of these questions may apepar in your actual GATE Exam.

-Apart from this, you can minimize the time that you take to attempt exam if you keep on practicing mock tests.

-One sincere suggestion is don't sit infront of lap tap or desktop while carrying out your preparation. It is difficult to concentrate.

-Prepare a time table of yourself to carry out preparation for GATE Exam of what subjects to study at a particular time and how much portion of the subject to be covered with in that time.

-Make sure that you are reaching whatever you planned.

For complete information on GATE Exam, you can visit
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
4th January 2012, 12:52 PM
radixcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Dear Ankit,

you would like to prepare gate exam to study abroad.

Shambhu
4th January 2012, 02:18 PM
krawat44

Quote:
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination.
For GATE prepare, you solve Qusition paper of GATE
u cn get form here
and Pattern of Question u can no about frm here

Best of luck For GATE
4th January 2012, 02:23 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Hi,

to crack GATE you should work hard.
for this you should be good at your engineering subjects.
if you are in 2nd or 3rd year of engineering then my suggestion is to start preparing for GATE from now itself.
GATE will test your Knowledge in your four years of Engineering Subjects and Aptitude and english.
its better to jion an institute where they can teach all the topics and give some practise problems and give tips to solve also.
peactise previous years papers.
write online mock tests.
if do so you will get a clear understanding of GATE paper.
take advise from lecturers and seniors.

All The Best
4th January 2012, 07:49 PM
senthilkumarvm

GATE exam is used to get a seat in IIT's..
you need to study 12th level maths,physics and all other subject
4th January 2012, 08:34 PM
malhotra.varun91

Smile Re: How should I prepare for GATE Exam?

The best way to crack any exam is "SELF STUDY".

If you are in 2nd or 3rd year then you should start studying.

It will be better if you join some institution from where you can get some knowledge and technique to solve questions and it also helps you to build some concepts.
You can also solve previous year gate question paper through which you can strong your concepts.

You can also take help from your seniours and teacher, i am sure they will help you.

So start studying and best of luck.
5th January 2012, 03:59 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How should I prepare for GATE Exam?

Hi

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an Entrance exam which is conducted by the IIT's to select candidates for the M.Tech programs in various colleges like IIT's, NIT's, BITS, and many others.

One needs to be a minimum graduate in B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharmacy from a recognized college or university to take part in this exam. But only final year onwards, one can apply for GATE.

-> The pre final year students cannot.

Now to prepare for any exam there are some common things which you would need :

1. Determination

2. Time Management

3. Hard Work.

If you have these three with you in yourself then you cannot be far from a cracking any exam in the world.

I am providing you some tips which would help you in your preparations for GATE.

1. Make sure you really want to crack it, because that would determine how deeply interested you are.

2. If you are, then fix one thing in mind that you have to be self motivated. Self charged and so got to study your best.

3. Make a time table for yourself, and promise yourself to never deviate from it. Follow it strictly.

4. Have the GATE syllabus of your stream so that you can be focussed only on the required material to study. Do not study anything which is out of course. It would only lead to wastage of time and energy.

5. Download past years papers and practice from them so that you are aware of the type of the exam, paper, questions asked etc..

6. Join some coaching for GATE but only for your reference and help. Ultimately you have to do all on your own. Some of the best GATE coaching are : Made Easy, IES Academy, GATE Forum, etc...

7. Concentrate more on the subjects from which more number of questions would be asked.

8. Give equal time to all the subjects.

9. Do not mug up, instead understand the concepts of every theory.

10. Lastly keep yourself miles away from distractions. They would ruin everything.

So follow these, and I am sure you would be very fine with your preparations.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
7th January 2012, 02:25 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How should I prepare for GATE Exam?

Quote:
GATE is a Short form of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is the National level exam & conducted
by IIT(Indian Institute of Technology) Association. The purpose of this exam is to give Admission for M.Tech course.

GATE is one of the toughest exam. So strong will, determination & hard work is required in you to crack this Exam. So study with full interest & Schedule your Preparation i.e. very helpful to take you on the track of Success.

Books good for GATE preparation(Try to purchase these Books):

IMPORTANT:- Gate is the exam that check your Fundamental knowledge. So take care of it means clear your basic fundamentals in all subjects that's the only way to get a good score & ensures success in GATE exam.

GOOD LUCK !!!

Quote:
when people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success

with Regards
4G Solutions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?