18th May 2012, 08:46 PM
Harshali salvi.

What courses shall I join after completion of 12th class to become a Dietitian?

What are the courses for to become dietitian? Is it possible after 12th? With MHT-CET of PCB.

17th July 2012, 01:11 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What courses shall I join after completion of 12th class to become a Dietitian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshali salvi. View Post
What are the courses for to become dietitian? Is it possible after 12th? With MHT-CET of PCB.
First of all you must have passed the 12th studies with a minimum of 60% marks.

After that you can do many undergraduate food science courses Like
B.Sc. home science
B.Sc. nutrition (or nutrition and dietetics)
B.E. Foodtech

Out of these the duration of B.Sc. home science, B.Sc. nutrition is 3 years and that of Food Tech is 4 years.

For admission in these courses you may have to give an entrance exam as conducted by your state or individual institutes. Although some institutes can give direct admission if your 10+2 percentage is good enough

In case you do not do undergraduate courses in any of these then you can do Master's course in Nutrition. It is offered by the prestigious Delhi University also.

After completing your undergraduate studies you will be eligible to get the registration certificate from the Medical council of India. For this you will have to pay a Fee of Rs. 1000/-

To become a practicing dietitian you will need a dietetic of atleast one year. For this internship the registration certificate will be required.

After that you can take up the Registered Dietetics exam which is conducted by Indian dietetics Association. Clearing this will give you IDA membership and you will become registered dietitian.

The exam is conducted twice in an year.

For more information about this exam you can check the website of IDA.
18th July 2012, 06:33 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Default Re: What courses shall I join after completion of 12th class to become a Dietitian?

hi..!!

--> First is that you should have atleast 60% marks in 12th class.

-->then you can do undergraduate food science courses like :-
B.Sc home science
B.Sc nutrition
B.E foodtech

-->The duration of food tech is 4 years and other 2 has 3 years.

-->After these courses you will get the registration certificate from medical concil of india.

-->after that you need to give an dietetics exam.

-->this exam is conducted twice in a year.

-->for more information you can check the website of IDA.

all the best...go ahead!!
2nd May 2013, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Can a student in12th commerce do a dietician course
3rd May 2013, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

i have bsc in home economics education,i want to do masters in dietetics and food service management through distance learning .which universities offers learning by correspondence in these course
12th November 2013, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

what subjects are to be studied in food tech.in 4 years?
24th November 2013, 09:02 PM
kritika madan

17th January 2014, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

I did my bsv nutrition in 2003 now I want to join as a deitican is it possible to do after a long period
8th May 2014, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

I hve done my 12 from art stream...then I did B com....nw I want to opt for ditecian course...is it possible
19th April 2015, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

I AM PASS EARTS SUBJECT WITH 50% MARKS AGE ABOUT 42 HOW CAN I DO THIS SUBJECT
21st March 2016, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

What subject is need to 12 standards for graduation in physiolology stream
11th April 2016, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

How could computer science student take dieticion course after passing 12th
27th April 2016, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Its possible to do deitian after 2 arts as i have home science subject
23rd March 2017, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

If I drop one year after 12th class and then submit application for bsc, will I be eligible?
13th April 2017, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required in 12th and 10th class and also for entrance in the college for the course of dietitian.
12th May 2017, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I take up the dietitian and nutritionist course after doing BA Honours. In economics??
14th September 2018, 02:57 PM
iamAaliya

You should join Bsc in nutrition and Dietetics. The criteria is Pass with min 50%- 60% aggregate marks (Varies university to university)in 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology.

I am enlisting some good colleges/institutes for doing Bsc in Nutrition and Dietetics:

Lady Irwin College, New Delhi,

The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda

Institute of Home Economics DDPHN)

Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Punjab

Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University, Palampur, Himachal Pradesh

Sri Venkateswara University College of Science Tirupati, Andhra

Public Health Foundation of New Delhi, Delhi NCR

IIS University, Jaipur, Rajasthan

Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati, Maharashtra

Arts, Science & Commerce College, Kinhavali Thane, Maharashtra
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?