5th February 2011, 06:47 PM
chanchal malik

When to start preparation for JEST and IIT-JAM exams?

what is the right time for preparing jest or iit-jam tests.it must be from bsc.

Related Questions:
  1. Coaching classes for preparation of TIFR, IIT-JAM and JEST in Kolkata?
  2. Reference books for preparation of IIT-JAM in Chemistry stream ? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Will I be able to crack IIT-JAM through self preparation? Coaching classes for the preparation of IIT-JAM?
  4. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
  5. Physics book for preparation of IIT-JAM? Should I start preparing from now if studying in 11th standard?
  6. Best coaching center in West Bengal for IIT JAM in Chemistry? Books for preparation?
  7. How can I prepare to crack IIT-JAM? Total expenses to study M.Sc(Physics) in IIT?
  8. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  9. How can I prepare for Physics-JAM & JEST to get admission in M.Sc? What would be the question pattern of JAM?
  10. Can I apply for JNU and IIT-JAM entrance exams if didn't have Chemistry in F.Y. & S.Y.Biotechnology?
  11. What is the criteria for IIT JAM for Maths?
  12. Best Books to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?
  13. How should the preparation be carried for IIT JAM exam? Reference books for IIT JAM Physics Hons?What is the syllabus for IIT JAM?
  14. Scope, syllabus and eligibility for IIT JAM 2016?
  15. Which book to be referred for preparation of IIT JAM in Physics?
  16. How can I prepare to secure good rank in JEST and JAM to study M.Sc(Physics)? -- [New]
  17. How to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers to prepare for this Exam to join MCA course?
  18. Online coaching classes and suitable books for preparation of IIT-JAM(Biotechnology)?
11th February 2011, 11:49 AM
shaikrahu

Smile Re: When to start preparation for JEST and IIT-JAM exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchal malik View Post
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Hi,
First of all, you should have the basic knowledge in all the subjects in your higher secondary studies. And you should know and understand the concept of each and every formulea or theorems which you studying in B.Sc. Any how, starting from the B.sc college timings you can prepare well for this IIT-JAM. To understand about each and every formlea, you should refer and collect the knowledge from different books, written by different authors. And, collect the books specially for these kind of examinations and try to download materails from internet.

Best of luck !!!
11th February 2011, 12:47 PM

Default Re: When to start preparation for JEST and IIT-JAM exams?

start preperation before 6 months for jest and iit jam exam
11th February 2011, 02:52 PM
satish111

See prepartion for IIT is very much necessary and the best time to start it is after class XI. After class XI you can prepare because after this class you have half of of its syllabus which comes in IIT entrance exam. Its better to buy some special study material for it. for eg you can have CAREER POINT material for prepartion.
12th February 2011, 01:04 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The IIT-JAM is conducted for admission in IITs in M.Sc. courses or M.Sc.+Ph.D. dual
degree courses.
IIT-JAM can be taken after B.Sc. degree.

The JEST (Joint Entrance Screening Test) is conducted for admissions to Ph.D.
programs in Physics in Indian research institutions and a Ph.D. programs in Theoretical
Computer Science at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
So, JEST can be taken after M.Sc. or equivalent degree.

It is bit difficult to say the exact time to start preparation for some exam.
Basically the entrance exam for PG admission contains questions from graduation.
So, the time taken would depend on this fact that how you have studied in your
graduation?

You can start preparation whenever you think that you should prepare for the exam.
The more you give time to the preparation the more command you get on the syllabus.
So just make it a habit to study everyday suppose 3-4 hours.
I won't suggest you to wait for some suggestion from someone who says 6 months is
enough or one year or two years.
Just start your study now and prepare for the coming test.

Any further information about JAM
Information about JEST
12th February 2011, 09:01 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: When to start preparation for JEST and IIT-JAM exams?

dear friend this exam is taken for admission in M.TECH+Phd. dual course in IIT. that's why this is very important exam for M.TECH+PHD.
You start the preparation now because there is no time for this exam if you make and routine and be serious then you surely admission in this course.
12th February 2011, 09:04 AM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchal malik View Post
Dear Friend;
Greeting for the day;

I think there is no any specific time to start preparation for JEST and IIT-JAM. First you have to concentrate on the basic study means B.SC because the question will ask from the B.sc pattern only and try to strong to all the portion in your B.sc study this may help you in your B.sc exam as well as entrance.Buy any good guide from the market and study it thoroughly,.Dont mug-up the theorem,try on understand the concept of the theorem.Remember all the useful formula and try to solve last year question paper of both the entrance this will develop you confidence and whenever you feel that you are ready for the exam then go for it.

All the Best
Thanks
12th February 2011, 10:44 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: When to start preparation for JEST and IIT-JAM exams?

Quote:
When to start preparation for JEST and IIT-JAM exams?
Jam is joint admission Test for M.sc courses And Jest is Joint Entrance Screening Test for Ph.D.
In Jam we can have dual Degree courses too.
For Writing JAM test B.sc degree is need but for writing Jest you must be having M.sc degree. So, right now you should prepare for Jam Exam. Jest is taken after M.sc level For admissions into Ph.D.

So, Preparations For JAM , Great !!! if you have Dedication and Hard work then you will definitely do it on your own. But still i am fetching you the overview how to study in advance.
see Exam will consists of Syllabus from Graduation Level, if you have passed your graduation Or you are appearing for final Exam then you must study them thoroughly in contrast to JAM exam.Because after your Exam you will be having very less time to cover previous Graduation subjects which were in 2nd and 3rd year of your graduation Or degree.

It will take time, Just Schedule 3-4 hrs each and every day For JAM practice, Even try to get some previous year question papers For reference. Make a habit of study at least up till the Exam.
I know you will do it...
13th February 2011, 02:08 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Start preparation atleast 6 months before the exam and in the last time do only sample papers to gain confidence, improve your mistakes.
14th April 2012, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligibility criteria like age limit ,% of marks in 10,12 & graduation course for IIT-JAM exams
14th June 2013, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

best books or refreshers to study for jest?? which I should get from market..
6th December 2013, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

I am a first year bsc student when should i start prepare for jest and jam exams? pls give me the names of some books that i should refer?
1st May 2014, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

i am an average student.can i score good rank in iit jam by 7 month preparation?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?