26th August 2012, 12:12 AM
khushigudiya

How to get into ISRO after passing final year electrical branch? Which are the exams conducted?

i am a final year electrical branch student. i want to get into isro. can you please tell me about the exams conducted to get into it???

Related Questions:
  1. How to get into ISRO? Which are the exams conducted by ISRO? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to pursue the career in ISRO or in BSNL after passing final year B.E with aggregate of 78%
  3. How can I take admission in ISRO after pursuing B.tech from EC branch? What exams do I need to qualify?
  4. Are the entrance exams for ISRO colleges conducted every year? Where are the colleges for ISRO in India?
  5. Exams which are conducted to select students for ISRO? How to prepare for it?
  6. How may I get job in ISRO? What's the required qualification? I'm in B.Tech final year
  7. Previous years solved question papers of electrical and electronics branch for ISRO exam? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible for ISRO Exam being a candidate of pursuing pre-final year of B.Tech from Electrical Engineering?
  9. Can I get a job after passing ISRO? What are the qualifications needed?
  10. Exams to be appeared by a CSE student to get a job in ISRO?
  11. Can I apply for recruitment exams in ISRO after MCA? What would be syllabus for the exam?
  12. What is ISRO entrance exam date? What is the syllabus for electrical engineering?
  13. How to join ISRO after completing final year B.E electronics and instrumentation branch?
  14. How to join ISRO after passing B.Tech 3rd year in civil branch
  15. Syllabus of ISRO entrance exam under electrical branch?
  16. Can i join ISRO for ME after completion of engineering from electrical branch? What's the required criteria and exam syllabus?
  17. If i wish to join ISRO after M.Tech then in which branch should I M.Tech?
  18. How to apply for ISRO exam after passing B.Tech Mechanical?
26th August 2012, 08:17 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get into ISRO after passing final year electrical branch? Which are the exams conducted?

Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is one of the world's premier space organization. Although it may still be years away from giving any competition to NASA and other space agencies, ISRO has left the mark on world with projects like Chandrayan - the lunar mission which helped NASA discover water on the surface of the moon.

Today ISRO is the six largest space agency in the world. There is always a shortage of scientists and Engineers in the ISRO. Which is the reason why the IIST was established in 2007 with the aim to fulfill this shortage.

Engineers have plenty of scope to work in ISRO. Apart from the upcoming Mars and Moon projects, ISRO is also working on spy satelite on the request of Home Ministry to monitor Naxal activity across several states. ISRO is also responsible for creating satellights which are useful in various areas like communication, accurate weather prediction etc.

In order to get a job in ISRO, candidates are required to appear in entrance exam that takes place every year in the month of Feb-March. The details about the entrance exam are posted in employment dailies and other leading newspapers like Times of India and Hindustan Times by the Indian Space Research Organization.

Eligibility

1. Candidate must be Indian citizen.

2. You should complete either diploma course in Engineering or B.Tech from a recognised university.

3. You need to score at least 60 percent marks in B.Tech.

4. Relaxation in percentage is given to SC/ST as per the rules of central government.

5. The age limit to appear in ISRO exam is 21 to 30 years.

6. The reserve category students get relaxation in upper age limit up to 5 years.

7. Final year students of B.Tech course may also apply for the ISRO exam but under one condition that they should be able to provide degree at the time of job interview.

8. It would be beneficial if you appear in the GATE entrance exam as well. ISRO gives huge importance to the GATE score during the selection process.

Selection Process:

1) Entrance Exam

2) Interview
10th September 2012, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get into ISRO after passing final year electrical branch? Which are the exams conducted?

does the applications from any engineering branch student are welcomed for the interview conducted by the isro every year???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?