2nd September 2012, 06:37 AM
Ilangomanivannan

Am i eligible to do M.Phil full time course?

Sir,

I have got III class in B.A. English Litt, and II class (51%) in M.A. English Literature (both Full Time). Am i eligible to do my M.Phil Full time Course. Kindly Guide me.

M. Ilango

20th March 2013, 09:48 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am i eligible to do M.Phil full time course?

Eligibility for M.Phil Course

Print
PDF

Eligibility for Full-time M.Phil Courses (One Year)

A Master’s Degree in the subject mentioned below of the University of Madras or any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto, provided that those who have qualified for the Master’s degree prior to 1st January 1991 must have secured a minimum of 50 percent of marks and those who have qualified for the master’s degree on or after 1st January 1991 must have secured a minimum of 55 percent of marks. For SC / ST and Physically and Visually challenged candidates who have qualified on or after 1st January 1991 a concession of 5 percent of marks shall be given in the minimum eligibility marks.

Eligibility for Part-time M.Phil Courses (Two Years)

1. (i)Teachers working in the University departments / (ii) teachers working in affiliated colleges whose qualifications are approved by the University / (iii) teachers of Polytechnics approved by the Director of the Technical Education or teachers of Higher secondary and High schools approved either by State Board or Central Board of Secondary Education or Educational Instructors of IAF (within the Madras University area) are eligible for Part time M.Phil for admission, provided if they have secured 55% of marks in their Master’s degree obtained on or after 1.1.91 and no minimum marks is prescribed in their Master’s degree obtained prior to 1.1.91. For SC/ST, Physically & Visually Challenged candidates who have qualified on or after 1st January 1991 a concession of 5 percent of marks shall be given in the minimum eligibility marks.

2. The candidates must obtain a certificate to prove that their appointment is approved by the competent authority. For college teachers the competent authority is University of Madras. For teachers working in Polytechnics, the competent authority is the Director of Technical Education. For teachers working in the Hr.Sec./High Schools, the competent authority is D.E.O/Inspector of Matriculation Schools/Inspector of Anglo Indian Schools/Secretary, CBSC etc.
20th March 2013, 09:50 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Am i eligible to do M.Phil full time course?

Eligibility for M.Phil Course

Print
PDF

Eligibility for Full-time M.Phil Courses (One Year)

A Master’s Degree in the subject mentioned below of the University of Madras or any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto, provided that those who have qualified for the Master’s degree prior to 1st January 1991 must have secured a minimum of 50 percent of marks and those who have qualified for the master’s degree on or after 1st January 1991 must have secured a minimum of 55 percent of marks. For SC / ST and Physically and Visually challenged candidates who have qualified on or after 1st January 1991 a concession of 5 percent of marks shall be given in the minimum eligibility marks.

Eligibility for Part-time M.Phil Courses (Two Years)

1. (i)Teachers working in the University departments / (ii) teachers working in affiliated colleges whose qualifications are approved by the University / (iii) teachers of Polytechnics approved by the Director of the Technical Education or teachers of Higher secondary and High schools approved either by State Board or Central Board of Secondary Education or Educational Instructors of IAF (within the Madras University area) are eligible for Part time M.Phil for admission, provided if they have secured 55% of marks in their Master’s degree obtained on or after 1.1.91 and no minimum marks is prescribed in their Master’s degree obtained prior to 1.1.91. For SC/ST, Physically & Visually Challenged candidates who have qualified on or after 1st January 1991 a concession of 5 percent of marks shall be given in the minimum eligibility marks.

2. The candidates must obtain a certificate to prove that their appointment is approved by the competent authority. For college teachers the competent authority is University of Madras. For teachers working in Polytechnics, the competent authority is the Director of Technical Education. For teachers working in the Hr.Sec./High Schools, the competent authority is D.E.O/Inspector of Matriculation Schools/Inspector of Anglo Indian Schools/Secretary, CBSC etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?