23rd September 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering

i cmpltd b.tech in electronics and communication engineerins can i apply for ias

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering
  2. Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering
  3. Eligibility criteria for IAF CET exam? Date of the CET and date of sale of forms?
  4. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  5. Is it possible to do interior designing after completing my B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering?
  6. How to do interior designing after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering?
  7. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  8. Can I apply for IES in electrical engineering after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication engineering?
  9. Which government job is best suitable after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  10. What post should I apply after completing diploma in electronics and communication engineering
  11. Can I do B.Tech in mechanical after doing diploma in ECE?
  12. How should I proceed for engineering degree after completing diploma in Electronics and Communication?
  13. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  14. How to do M.Tech in Aerospace or Astrophysics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What to do after completing 3 years diploma in electronics and communication engineering
  16. How to do PG in Automotive Electronics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?
  17. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  18. Procedure to apply for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma? I have just completed my 2nd year in electronics and communication engineering
18th January 2013, 07:37 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering

YES, you can apply for the IAS exams.
For this you have to appear in the UPSC Civil services Exams.

The UPSC Civil Services exams are held in three stages:
>> Prelims
>> Mains
>> Interview

Next UPSC Prelims Exams will be held on 19th MAY 2013
Notifications for this exam will come out on 2nd February 2013

Eligibilty to apply for this Exam is :

Education: Graduation pass in any Stream

Age- Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
Age relaxations of 3 years is given to OBC candidates and 5 years to SC/ST candidates

Attempts- General candidates- 4 times
OBC- 7 times
SC/ST- No such restriction
19th January 2013, 08:58 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i cmpltd b.tech in electronics and communication engineerins can i apply for ias
Yes, definitely you can apply for the IAS examination after completed the B.Tech course with electronics & Communication branch.

Nice to see your interest in the civil service examination. IAS is stand for Indian Administrative Service and it come under civil services examination. The civil services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year. Here i give you the details eligibility criteria for the IAS entrance examination.

Eligibility Criteria for the IAS examination.
--> Pass graduation is any stream from a recognize University. Final semester B.tech candidates can also appear in the IAS examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance examination. There are no limit percentage marks required in 12th and in graduation degree. Only pass the graduation degree is enough to appear in the IAS entrance examination.

For details and complete information regarding the IAS entrance examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th August 2013, 03:57 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply, since graduation is the basic qualification required. Selection of eligible candidates are done on the basis of prelims, mains, and interview. Prelims is usually conducted in the month of May. Age of the applicant must fall between 21 and 30 years to attend the selection process. Detailed exam syllabus and further details can be collected from UPSC portal.
7th August 2013, 02:47 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for IAS after completing B.Tech. Degree in any stream.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to get through Civil Service Examination conducted every year by UPSC after Graduation.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www,.upsc.gov.in
8th August 2013, 11:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service .

If you have completed Graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.There is no marks criteria.

You have completed B-Tech degree in ECE department so you are applicable for IAS exam .Final year student are applicable for IAS Exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates .Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

There is a restriction for attempts .The no attempts allowed for IAS exam is given below-

General Candidate can maximum 4 Times
OBC Candidate can Maximum 7 Times
SC/ST there is no attempt Limit

IAS examination can be divided as three stages.

1)Preliminary
2)Main exam
3)Interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
9th August 2013, 10:18 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Friend,

Yes you can apply for the IAS Entrance Exam if you have completed B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering.

All those candidates who have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university are eligible to apply for the IAS Exam.

The IAS Exam is also known as the Civil Services Exam.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Services Exam every year.

Final Year Graduation Candidates are also eligible to apply for the Exam.

The Required Educational qualification for Civil Services Exam is that the candidate must hold a Bachelor`s degree in any discipline.

There is no any marks criteria in graduation you just need a pass graduation degree.

The Age Of the candidate must come under :

# 21-30 years if they belong to Open Category.

# 21-33 years if they belong to OBC Category.

# 21-35 years if they belong to SC/ST Category.

# 21-40 years if they are physically handicapped.

# 21-45 years if they are ex-servicemen.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the exam in three stages :

1) Civil Services Aptitude Test

2) MAINS Exam

3) Interview

:: With Warm Regards ::

Onlyforyou
9th August 2013, 11:51 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply IAS examination

IAS is a one of the civil services , it is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year .

IAS jobbers hold key positions in the union govt , state govt & public sector undertakings .

IAS Stands Indian Administrative Service

IAS Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates should be complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized University

Final year appearing candidates also eligible , but complete our graduation before main examination

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years for General candidates

The age relaxation as per govt rules

21 to 30 years for OBC Candidates

21 to 35 years for SC/ST Candidates

Number of Attempts :

General Candidates : 4 Times

OBC Candidates : 7 Times

SC/ST Candidates : No Limit

Selection Process :

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

http://www,.upsc.gov.in
9th August 2013, 01:19 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

$$ YES, Definitely you are eligible for the IAS Exam, Never mind about the field all is just a candidate have to complete their Graduation Degree of minimum Three years from the Recognized Universities can apply for it......

$$ IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Service, this exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) only once time in the year.....

$$ This exam is conducted under the Civil Service examination, CSE exam has the following two stages:
  1. Written Exam and
  2. Personal Interview

$$ A candidate who hold the Graduation Degree in the any field of Course from the Recognized Universities can apply for this examination...

$$ Candidate appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree and awaiting result can also apply.

$$ A candidate must have the Nationality of India.....

Age Criteria:-
  • Minimum age should be 21 years.
  • Maximum age should not exist 30 years.

Relaxation on upper age:-

[◘] Relaxation for OBC maximum 3 years on applicable.

[◘] For SC/ST it is applicable up to 5 years.

[◘] Having Physical Disability candidate maximum 10 years.

Attempt Criteria:-

-->> General candidate can apply maximum 4 attempts while OBC category candidate can maximum 7 attempts.....

-->> SC/ST candidates can attempt any number of times as long as their age limit is within the eligibility Criteria...

Selection Process:-
  1. CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
  2. Mains exam
  3. Interview (Personality test)

All the best

With Regards.....
DHARM
9th August 2013, 02:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can apply for IAS exam after completing the electronics and communication engineering.Even after fourth year you can appear for the IAS exam.

**Age Limit :
-->The minimum age is of 21 years and maximum of 30 years.
-->Age relaxation is of 3 years for OBC candidates and is of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

**Selection Procedure :
The selection procedure is of three levels :
1.Preliminary
2.Main exam
3.Personal Interview

**No of Attempts :
-->General-4
-->OBC-7
-->SC/ST-No Limit

Thank You
9th August 2013, 05:42 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
ias stands for indian administrative service

eligibility for ias :

1.must be a citizen of india
2.must have completed graduation from any recognised college

asas you are a graduate you can apply for ias

age limit should be between 21-30 years

relaxation has also been provided:

for obc candidate-3yr
for sc/st candidate- 5yr
for ex-servicemen- 5yr

no of attempts allowed;

general candidate- 4 attempt
obc - 7 attempt
sc/st - unlimited but subject to age bar

selection process
1.prelims
mains
interview
9th August 2013, 06:36 PM
imsec07

Yes,you can apply for IAS exam after completing the electronics and communication engineering.Even after fourth year you can appear for the IAS exam.

**Age Limit :
-->The minimum age is of 21 years and maximum of 30 years.
-->Age relaxation is of 3 years for OBC candidates and is of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

**Selection Procedure :
The selection procedure is of three levels :
1.Preliminary
2.Main exam
3.Personal Interview

**No of Attempts :
-->General-4
-->OBC-7
-->SC/ST-No Limit

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/can-i-apply-ias-after-completing-b-tech-electronics-communication-engineering-945181.html#ixzz2bTNr9i5q
9th August 2013, 07:43 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Most certainly you can apply for the Indian Administrative Service. Four years Bachelor of Technology degree is also one of the valid course that is accepted by the Union Public Service Commission for the Indian Administrative Service.

You need not to worry about registering for the exam as long as you are meeting the age limit. The next logical step is to start preparing for the Civil Services Examination.

It is not easy to clear this entrance exam especially when there are 300+ seats while more than 10 Lakh candidates applying for them. It becomes extremely difficult to get selected.

But you can get selected if prepared well for the exam. It will take easily 8 to 10 months to prepare well for Civil Services Examination. If you have completed graduation then start preparing for the exam.

You will continue to study till and wait for Jaunuary/February when the forms are released to register for Civil Services Examination. After which you will have some more months to prepare since Preliminary exam is held in May.

IAS Eligibility

1. Nationality: Only Indians are allowed.

2. Education: Your qualification should be graduation.

3. Marks: No criteria.

4. Age Limit: Anyone above 21 years and below 30 years can apply.

5. Relaxation: 3 years in upper age limit if belongs to OBC.

6. Relaxation: 5 years for the same if belongs to SC/ST.

7. There aren't any physical requirements.

8. General candidate is given 4 attempts to clear the exam.

9. OBC has 7 attempts to clear Civil Services Examination.

10. There is no limit for SC/ST.

Examination Scheme

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Personal Interview
10th August 2013, 01:46 AM
chikkykranthi619

Yes friend with out any doubt you can apply for the IAS examination conducted in the name of civils by the UPSC.It is a national wide exam. So, there will be huge competition for this exam because it is very prestigious post.
So, the level of preparation must also be according to the competition.
Just keep in mind about the negative marking and the number of attempts you have and prepare accordingly.If possible for coaching also which boosts your preparation by proper guidance also.

For more deails visit the official website of Upsc http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th August 2013, 02:34 PM
ece304
Member+

Quote:
Yes,you can if you are interested in that.But first you have to select your subjects in IAS and prepare for it from now.Read the magzines and collect the information about General issues.Improve language skills(if you are good at communication no problem).You have to participate actively in Group discussionss.
11th August 2013, 12:40 AM
shivam2k6

Hello,

IAS officers along with other civil services officers are recruited through Civil Services Examination which is conducted every year by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

Any graduate can apply for this examination and there is no percentage criteria.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years on the 1st August of the year of examination. However, there is a relaxation of 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST and 10 years for PWD students in the upper age limit.

Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
Thank you.
11th August 2013, 01:28 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Yes a b.tech degree holder candidates will be eligible to apply for Indian Administrative Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

IAS Civil Services Eligibility Criteria details

Nationality :- You must be a Citizen of India.

Educational qualification :- Your bachelor Engineering degree should be from any Recognized university.

Age Limit :-

• Your minimum age should be 21 years.
  • Your age should not be above 30 years.
Age Relaxation Details :-
  • If you are from SC/ST then you will get 05 years.
  • If you are from OBC then you will get 03 years.
  • If you are a Widow/Handicapped then you will get 10 years.
There is attempt restriction for General and OBC candidates to apply for IAS Exam.While SC/ST candidates do not have such restrictions.Number of times OBC and General Candidates can apply is :
  • 07 times by OBC candidates.
  • 04 times by General Candidates.

Selection Process :
  1. Preliminary Exam(CSAT).
  2. Mains Exam.
  3. Personal Interview.
  4. Medical Fitness Test and Document Verifications.

11th August 2013, 11:18 AM
srikanth2207

Yes,you are eligible to write IAS exam conducted by UPSC
Where IAS has two parts.IAS mains,IAS prelims.A candidate holds a degree in any branch in engineering any degree holder will be eligible
12th August 2013, 06:18 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering

Quote:

Dear Friend,

Yes , off course you are eligible for IAS exam after completing B.Tech degree....

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.....

Eligibility and Criteria:

A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities are eligible for this exam...

Final years students of graduation degree also eligible for this exam. there is no any percentage criteria...

A candidate must be an indian....

Age Limit :-

Minimum Age limit is 21 years...

And

Maximum age limit is 30 years....

For OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years...

For SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years...

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4

OBC - max. 7.

SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:

1. Preliminary Exam.
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

List of Top Books For IAS Exam

CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
Author: Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2012)
Price: Rs. 390

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examinations (Paper - 1)
Author: Manohar Pandey
Publisher: Arihant (2012)
Price: Rs. 673

CSAT General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2) 1st Edition
Author: TMH
Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill Education (2012)
Price: Rs. 750

All the best...
12th August 2013, 10:05 PM
Jaynitkumar

Location: At-Lalmohan Nagar,P/o-Pahunsara,Block-Raniganj,Disttrict-Araria (Bihar) 854312

*Minimum Educational Qualificatios For IAS Exam

A Candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educatsional Institutions Establishedby an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the Univesity Grants Commission Act 1956, or an equivalent qualification.

Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?