10th March 2011, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Is the CDAC exam held twice a year? Syllabus of the exam?

Respected sir.

I am pursuing B.E. in electonics and communication ( 8th semester ) and want to appear in the C-DAC exam. As per the details i have analyzed, the entrance exam has already been conducted. Now, what i want to enquire is that do you have a second entrance exam scheduled later in this year or not?
I shall be more obliged if you send me the schedule of the next C-DAC entrance examination and the syllabus.

Regards,
snehasudha

9th June 2011, 03:40 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is the CDAC exam held twice a year? Syllabus of the exam?

Hi friend,

Yes, It is true that CDAC entrance test is held two times a year. Details regarding the next CET exam is as follows:

Dates:
  • Last Date of Receiving CET Applications ..................22-07-2011
  • Date of Common Entrance Test (CET).....................31-07-2011
  • CET Timing............................................ ...............11.00 am - 01.00 pm
  • Date of Declaration of CET results...........................10-08-2011
  • Last Date for Payment of Course Fee.......................07-09-2011
  • Commencement of the Course................................15-09-2011
  • Conclusion of the Course........................................15-02-2012
Courses Detail:

Syllabus:

Foundations of computing
  • Boolean Algebra, Number Systems, Computer arithmetic, Logic Gates, Multiplexers, Decoders, Code Converters, Latches and Flip-flops, Counters, Shift-Registers.
  • Computer Organization & Architecture : CPU, Memory and IO access, Memory maps, Read-Write operations, Programmed IO, Polled and Interrupt driven IO, DMA data transfer, static and dynamic memory, Cache memory, Virtual memory.
  • Microprocessors (x86 architecture), Assembly Language Programming, instruction set and addressing modes, Memory and I/O interfacing.
  • Operating System Concepts: Process, File, Memory, I/O Management; Batch Processing, Spooling, Multiprogramming, Multiprocessing, Time-sharing.
  • Basics of Data Communication, Switching, Multiplexing, Demultiplexing, Synchronous/Asynchronous Communication , OSI and TCP/IP Protocol Suites, LAN Topologies and Protocols (Ethernet-CSMA/CD, Token Ring, Token bus protocols), WAN Protocols (HDLC, X.25, Frame Relay, ISDN).
C Programming Language & Data Structures
Constants, Data Types, Variables, Operators and Expressions, Control Flow - if, if-else, switch, for & while statements, functions, Arrays and Pointers, Structures and Unions, Input & Output in C, Preprocessor directives, Files, Bit wise operators & Bit-fields, Algorithm analysis, Lists, Stacks Queues, Trees, Graphs, Searching and Sorting Algorithms, Object Oriented Programming Concepts
Aptitude
The Aptitude Test will be conducted on the GRE/GMAT pattern. The questions will test the applicant’s Quantitative Aptitude, Analytical Ability and Vocabulary of the English Language.

Procedure:

Firstly register yourself at this site: http://www.cdachyd.in
The registration fee of Rs. 400/- for the CET is to be paid through National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) or by way of Demand Draft (DD) drawn on any nationalized bank in favour of C-DAC Hyd - Training payable at Hyderabad(refer Important Instructions in the Online Application) and
send to the following address:
To:
The CET Co-ordinator
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
Nalanda Building
# 1, Shivabagh,
Ameerpet, Hyderabad – 500016
Andhra Pradesh(India)
9th June 2011, 04:37 PM
tarunsingh40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir.

I am pursuing B.E. in electonics and communication ( 8th semester ) and want to appear in the C-DAC exam. As per the details i have analyzed, the entrance exam has already been conducted. Now, what i want to enquire is that do you have a second entrance exam scheduled later in this year or not?
I shall be more obliged if you send me the schedule of the next C-DAC entrance examination and the syllabus.

Regards,
snehasudha
yes it's really true.
9th June 2011, 04:41 PM
frooty.scooty

Yes ,CDAC exam can be conducted by 2 times per year.

Syllabus:

The Entrance Exam would be conducted in 2 hrs slots and would be of Adaptive Type consisting of Multiple Choice Questions based on the following:
1 - Programming in C
2 - Logical Reasoning
3 - Series Completion
4 - Blood Relation
5 - Quantitative Aptitude
6 - Analogy
7 - Computer Networks
8 - Introduction to Computers
9 - Introduction to Operating Systems
10 - Introduction to DBMS
11 - Introduction to C
12 - English

For full details visit the following link.
http://www.cdacnoida.in/FS/pgdasdd.asp
9th June 2011, 05:17 PM
dhani12345

Red face Re: Is the CDAC exam held twice a year? Syllabus of the exam?

Respected sir.

Regards,
snehasudha
24th June 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

how many questions are there in exam?
24th June 2011, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

How many questions are present in c-dac entrance exam? and if there is any negative marks ?
24th July 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

CAN I PAY IT WITH LATE FEE AFTER 23RD JULY ALSO?
31st July 2011, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

what are the materials available for C-DAC and also when the second is gonna conduct....
19th October 2011, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

what are the certificates required after getting seat in it?
24th January 2012, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

is there any negative marking in cdac cet
31st May 2012, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

what is d schedule of entrance xam of cdac ?
Respected sir.

I am pursuing B.E. in computer science and engg ( 8th semester ) and want to appear in the C-DAC exam. As per the details i have analyzed, the entrance exam has already been conducted. Now, what i want to enquire is that do you have a second entrance exam scheduled later in this year or not?
13th July 2013, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i am a btech passout of electronics and communication in 2013 and i want to appear when will be the next exam this year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?