23rd March 2022, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for pursuing MS in USA in CS department if I have 6.2 cgpa in my B.E.?

Hello sir, I am a 3rd year B.E student and am highly interested to pursue MS in comp science in US but my cgpa is low i.e 6.2 till 5th sem. I also had a year back in 2nd year due to a medical problem so i did internship in a company last year to cover up my losses. Also i was planning for a research work under a lecturer for 1.5 year after my B.E so will this really help to pursue my MS dream in USA..?. Waiting for a positive response.

27th March 2022, 05:57 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for pursuing MS in USA in CS department if I have 6.2 cgpa in my B.E.?

Am I eligible for pursuing MS in USA in CS department if I have 6.2 cgpa in my B.E.?

With a CGPA of 6–6.5 you will be eligible to apply to some Top Universities in the USA but to get admission there I would suggest you write GRE/GMAT Exams and get a good score to increase your chances of getting into the university, also a good English Language Score would increase your chances little more.
29th March 2022, 01:31 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for pursuing MS in USA in CS department if I have 6.2 cgpa in my B.E.?

Candidate is eligible to apply in any if top universities of USA with 6 to 6.5 CGPA.

But in order to get admission , they are required to write GRE/GMAT exams and get good score to increase their admission chances.

Good english language score also increase the chances of admission.
With such score , one can apply for admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?