31st October 2014, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

Scholarship to study in USA through SAT for 12th student? Is it worthy to prepare for SAT from now?

Hi ! am akhil presently studying intermediate 1st year . i got 9.4/10 cgpa in 10th..
i got to know that SAT exams are a way to study in US universities after completing inter 2nd year!!
i have a money problem and want to know how can i get a scholarship to study in US .

but by the time i complete my inter 2nd year and i got to that there is a change in the pattern of SAT exam.
it says that the negative marking deductions are no more and essay is optional and many more..
i wanted to order official SAT guide which from flipkart. so now am in a dilemma that either should i practice this guide or not.. i want to get good score in SAT .that is why i want to practice from my first year itself.
i request u to help me in knowing about the scholarship

THANK YOU
SINCERELY,
AKHIL

1st November 2014, 09:41 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Scholarship to study in USA through SAT for 12th student? Is it worthy to prepare for SAT from now?

It is a good choice to do Under Graduation in USA and it is possible through SAT. It is a good time to start preparing for SAT and this will help you in scoring good marks making you to get in to best colleges.

Examination Pattern:

It is conducted in two papers.

• SAT Reasoning paper
• SAT Subject wise paper

SAT Reasoning Paper:

It will last for 3 hours and 45 minutes and consists of 3 sections.

• Mathematics
• Reading and
• Writing

Each of them has 10 sections and one equating section. Equating section has questions to assess for future use. They may come from any of the three subjects.

There are 5-answer multiple choice questions except one essay question and 10 questions out of 54 Mathematics questions.

Each section has the maximum score of 800 and in total for 3 sections, it comes to 2400 marks.

SAT Subject wise Paper:

It includes subjects like,

• Literature
• History
• Physics
• Chemistry
• Biology
• Mathematics

It is of one hour and all are Multiple Choice Questions. Student can take up to 3 subject wise papers on a single day, but not reasoning and subject wise papers on the same day.

Please, find attached image which has all information about marks of each section.

Please, find attached previous papers which help you while preparing.

CLICK HERE to know details about scholarships.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAT.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	162722  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SAT Sample Paper 1.pdf(989.7 KB, 203 views)
File Type: pdf SAT Sample Paper 2.pdf(111.6 KB, 63 views)
File Type: pdf SAT Sample Paper 3.pdf(502.2 KB, 161 views)
File Type: pdf SAT Sample Paper 4.pdf(495.8 KB, 206 views)
File Type: pdf SAT Sample Paper 5.pdf(67.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: pdf SAT Sample Paper 6.pdf(458.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf SAT Sample Paper 7.pdf(458.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: pdf SAT Sample Paper 8.pdf(618.1 KB, 53 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?