12th May 2014, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Should I write GATE also or IELTS is enough for masters in UK?

Hey, I am currently in my 5th semester Electronics and Communication Engineering. I would like to pursue my Master's degree at the UK after my graduation. I would like to know if I need to apply for the same next year, i.e, 2014 for the 2015 batch. I have heard admissions must be done 8-12 months prior and I am not very sure when the admission starts.
Also, do I need to write GATE for the same? Or is IELTS enough?
I have an aggregate of 84% in my 2nd year engineering. Am I eligible for any scholarships? If so, How do I apply for the same?

Also, I would be happy to hear any tips or information regarding studying at UK.
Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Is IELTS score compulsory for MS in Singapore?
  2. Do I need to write IELTS to opt for masters in Germany? Which are the universities in Germany?
  3. How can I do MBA in Germany? Is it compulsory to write GRE or IELTS? I'm doing B.Tech and have 65% marks till now
  4. What exams do I have to write among GRE,TOEFL,IELTS exams if I want to pursue masters in abroad?
  5. Which is required to study masters in Germany IELTS or GRE?
  6. How may I get the details like admission procedure, cut off marks, list of the colleges, scholarships etc for MS(in mechanical) course from Germany? Is it necessary to write both GRE and IELTS exam?
  7. How to do MBA from London? I am a Indian and have done Masters in commerce
  8. Am I eligible to do masters in Germany after scoring 5.5 IELTS score
  9. Scholarship tests for higher studies in abroad, after B.Com.
  10. Which international english exam to take?
  11. IELTS , German Language Test, GRE: for Masters in Germany which all exams to clear? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible for masters in Canada or Australia having 5.5 band score in IELTS?
  13. Eligibility for doing Masters in Biotech in UK? How much B.Tech percentage and IELTS score is required?
  14. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MS(Mechanical engineering) from Germany? How may I get details about admission procedure and scholarship available? How much score is required in GRE and IELTS for getting scholarship?
  15. Admission in France for Masters in Engineering Management having good CGPA and IELTS scores?
  16. List of universities offering Integrated Ph.D? Date of announcement of notification?
  17. How to do MS in US after studying B.E in CSE 2nd year?
  18. How can I prepare for IELTS exam? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
31st October 2014, 08:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I write GATE also or IELTS is enough for masters in UK?

If you are interested to do Masters in UK, then, IELTS and GRE is necessary. GATE is an entrance test for Master degree courses which will be valid only in India. Even, if you appear for GATE examination you can get admission only in India and you will not get admission in avroad based on your GATE score. So, appearing for GRE and IELTS is necessary for doing Masters in UK.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?