31st March 2015, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

At what time a 5th standard student can study in Abroad to avoid being NRI?

Hello,
My son is studying in 5th standard in India. Next year I am planning to take him to Abroad with me. If I want to avoid NRI quota for him then till which class he can study in Abroad? Kindly reply for this. Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Till which class a student can study in Abroad? To avoid NRI quota in which class he should come back to India?
  2. Can I study in FTII as NRI student if working in Abroad?
  3. Which students are considered as NRI?
  4. Are there any seats for NRI sponsored students in AIIMS?
  5. Which exam to answer to go abroad to study after 10th?
  6. If I study class 12 in India will I be considered an NRI? If I study class 10th in Abroad and +2 in India will I be considered an NRI?
  7. For NRI students studying abroad in CBSE
  8. What are the opportunities to study in abroad? I am a 12th standard student
  9. Is a candidate passed 10th from abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu, eligible for NRI quota? What's the eligibility criteria for Tamil nadu engineering college counselling?
  10. Who is an NRI student? If a student studies till 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India then is he eligible for exams under normal category? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to study in abroad being an average commerce student?
  12. How should I study abroad? I am a 2nd year ECE student
  13. Candidates belonging to Rajasthan State eligible for the entrance test? List of seats reserved for other states institutionwise?
  14. How can one get NRI status? Which are the colleges in which one can apply as NRI student? Are they eligibi
  15. To study 11th and 12th abroad which exam to be give after 10th?
  16. What is the procedure of studying MCA course from abroad after completing BCA from India?
  17. Is there any NRI quota in BITS Pilani?
  18. Can an NRI student write All India Medical Entrance Exams? Is NRI eligible to study in any particular medical college?
1st March 2018, 11:50 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: At what time a 5th standard student can study in Abroad to avoid being NRI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
My son is studying in 5th standard in India. Next year I am planning to take him to Abroad with me. If I want to avoid NRI quota for him then till which class he can study in Abroad? Kindly reply for this. Thank you.

Students can study up to 8th standard in abroad, from 9th to 12th standard he should study in India to avoid being NRI. Students must study minimum 4 years, i.e. 9th to 12th standard in Indian then he is eligible to get admission in colleges through normal category. Otherwise, students will be treated as NRI student. One can check the details in the admission notification issued by the concerned authority. The fee for the NRI students is high and admission procedure also differs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?