Akkineni Nageswara Rao College, Krishna District


Akkineni Nageswara Rao College is located in the Krishna District of the state of Andhra Pradesh and the college came into existence in the year 1950 on the 6th of July. The College was established with its name as ‘the Gudivada College’ and began to function in a rented building. Since a huge amount of money was contributed towards the construction of the present building of the college by Dr. Akkineni Nageswara Rao and his admirers, the college was given his name in the year 1959.

Courses offered:

Akkineni Nagewara Rao college is offering courses under intermediate, degree and post graduate levels and the list of courses offered at the UG and PG level is given below:

Bachelor of Arts

Bachelor of Commerce

Bachelor of Science in

o Computer

o C.B.Z

o M.P.C

Master of Commerce

Master of Business Administration

Master of Science in

o Mathematics

o Chemistry

o Physics

o Microbiology

o Botany

Master of Computer Applications

In addition to these courses, the college is also offering the professional course Bachelor of Education.

Admission Procedure:

UG Courses:

For UG Courses, admission is done on open merit based on the marks secured by the students in the higher secondary examination.

PG Courses:

Admission of students to the PG courses in commerce and science streams will be made based on the performance of the students in the Acharya Nagarjuna University Common Entrance Test. For MBA and MCA courses, admission is done based on the performance of the students in the Integrated Common Entrance Test for 80% of the total seats and remaining 20% of the seats are filled on management quota basis.

Bachelor of Education:

For B. Ed admission is done on the basis of the Ed. CET score of the students.

Library of the College:

Akkineni Nageswara Rao College has separate library for UG and PG Courses and B. Ed as well. The library for UG courses began in the year 1950 and it has a collection of more than 62000 books. This library contains books not only pertaining to subjects, but also several other general interest books as well. The college started a separate library for PG courses in the year 1975 and for B. Ed course in the year 1999. Every year, the management is adding more than 1000 books to the already existence high volume of books in these libraries.

Contact Information:

Akkineni Nageswara Rao College

P.O. Box: 20, Gudivada – 521 301

Krishna District, AP

Phone: 91-8674-242145, 246046

Website: http://www.anrcollege.edu/



Do you have any question? Please ask:

Questions will be answered on our Forum section