13th April 2023, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write GATE entrance exam after completing diploma?

i have completed diploma. am i eligible for writing gate examination

14th April 2023, 08:20 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write GATE entrance exam after completing diploma?

GATE refers to Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and for appearing in the same examination the minimum education required is atleast undergraduate degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university.

So, just on the basis of Diploma degree holder which is not equivalent to a bachelor degree course , you are not eligible for appearing in GATE.
15th April 2023, 12:21 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for the GATE exam are as follows:

Qualifying Degree: You should have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology/Architecture).

Diploma: If you have completed a 3-year diploma in Engineering/Technology/Architecture, you are eligible to write the GATE exam only if you have completed your diploma after 10+2 (12th standard) and have completed an additional 1-year course of study or a bridge course in mathematics.

Therefore, if you have completed a 3-year diploma in Engineering/Technology/Architecture after 10+2 and have completed an additional 1-year course of study or a bridge course in mathematics, you are eligible to write the GATE exam.
15th April 2023, 02:18 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

GATE 2023 Eligibility:-

The candidate must have passed bachelor's degree either of 4 years after Class XII or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology. The candidates studying in the final year of Graduation can also apply for the examination.
15th April 2023, 11:56 AM
Dudu...

Smile Re: Am I eligible to write GATE entrance exam after completing diploma?

No, you are not eligible to write the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) entrance exam after completing a diploma in engineering. GATE is an entrance exam conducted for admission to postgraduate programs in engineering and technology, and candidates with a bachelor's degree in engineering or technology are eligible to appear for GATE.
15th April 2023, 12:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and for appearing in the same examination the minimum education required is a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent from a recognized university.

So, just on the basis of a Diploma degree which is not equivalent to a degree course, you are not eligible for appearing in GATE unless you first complete a bachelor's degree course in a discipline relevant to the paper in which you want to appear in GATE. examination.
15th April 2023, 12:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you have below given criteria then you are eligible for GATE exam otherwise not.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This exam is conducted for M.Tech and Ph.D admission and also for the recruitment by PSU ( Public Sector Unit ) companies.

If you have bachelor's degree in engineering/ technology or architecture / design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

There is no percentage marks limit in B.Tech degree .

There are no restriction for the number of attempts in GATE exam.

There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
15th April 2023, 03:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering (GATE ) because of academic qualification.
Minimum academic qualification required to appear in GATE exam:-
4 years BTech course
Final year B.Tech student
MSc pass candidate or final year MSc candidate 4 years integrated course after graduation

But diploma pass candidates cannot apply for GATE. You have to complete BTech after diploma to become eligible for GATE.

Based on GATE score and AIR candidate can get admission in various institute for M.Tech course like IITs or NITs.
15th April 2023, 04:08 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to write GATE entrance exam after completing diploma?

Candidates must be a graduate or in the final year or the third year of their bachelor's degree in engineering and technology. Students must have completed or in the final year or the pre-final year of their PG degree in any relevant science subjects.
15th April 2023, 11:25 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes, you may be eligible to write the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) entrance exam after completing a diploma. However, the eligibility criteria for GATE exam may vary depending on the specific discipline you wish to pursue.

For most engineering disciplines, the minimum educational qualification required to appear for GATE is a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology or equivalent. However, some disciplines may also accept applications from candidates with a master's degree in science or its equivalent, or those in the final year of such programs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?