26th September 2015, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Can diploma holders appear for UPSC examination?

Sir,

I am a diploma holder in electrical branch. Can i apply for U.P.S.C examination on my education basis?

27th September 2015, 09:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can diploma holders appear for UPSC examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I am a diploma holder in electrical branch. Can i apply for U.P.S.C examination on my education basis?
Yes, Diploma holder with electrical branch can apply for UPSC exam like NDA exam in technical field.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.3 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
27th September 2015, 12:11 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear for the UPSC examination being the diploma holder in the electrical branch.

But if you want to appear for the examination conducted by the UPSC as the Civil Services, CDS etc.. you have to pursue the B.tech from the recognised university to become eligible. As the diploma certificate is not equivalent to the graduation degree.

For more information about the examination details visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
27th September 2015, 12:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, Diploma holders are not eligible to appear in UPSC Examinations. Diploma holder are not eligible to appear in any of the recruitment examinations of Union Public Service Commission. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in UPSC Examinations is "Either 12th Class or Graduation" from a recognized university.

>> For SCRA & National Defense Academy Exam - 12th Class Qualified candidates are eligible.

>> For All Other Exams like Combined Defense Services, IAS, IPS and other Civil Services Exams - Minimum Graduation (Bachelor Degree) is required.

Note: Hence Diploma candidates are not eligible to apply for any of the UPSC based recruitment examinations. So I strongly suggest you to do Graduation (Bachelor Degree) in order to be eligible for Civil Services, CDS, IFS, IAS and IPSC Examinations. So you cannot apply for UPSC based examinations being a Diploma holder.
27th September 2015, 01:15 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission. It is the examination conducting commission which conducts large number of examinations at national level like NDA/NA entrance exam, SCRA exam, Civil Services exam, Indian Engineering Services exam, Combined defense services exam and many more.

In the query, you have not mentioned that for which exam you want to appear being a diploma candidate. However being a diploma candidate, you are only eligible for NDA exam if you satisfy the age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. You should be unmarried male and your institute must be recognized.
27th September 2015, 08:31 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

I am sorry to tell you Diploma holders are not eligible for UPSC exam.

The minimum educational qualification required for these services is a graduation degree in any field from an ugc recognised university.

So, you are not eligible for UPSC with your present qualification.

But you have a chance to make your dream come true.

For this purpose you complete your graduation through the B.tech route.

And join these services then keep preparing for these services while you are persuing graduation.
27th September 2015, 09:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are talking about UPSC civil services exam then you are not eligible for it because the minimum requirement is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. You have got diploma which is not equal to degree.

UPSC also conducts SCRA exam for which diploma holders are eligible. If you are talking about this exam then you are surely eligible for it. Age should be between 17 to 21 years if you are applying for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?