26th March 2016, 03:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply in Indian Army being a Diploma Electrical holder?

Hello,
I am a Diploma holder. I have completed Electrical Engineering. Can I apply in Indian Army now as I am Diploma holder?

27th March 2016, 09:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply in Indian Army being a Diploma Electrical holder?

The minimum educational qualification required to join in Indian Army is completion of 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board. To join in Indian Army, you must have to appear in NDA examination. Since, you have completed Diploma course, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination and by qualifying the NDA examination, you are eligible to join in Indian Army.
27th March 2016, 09:33 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, now you are not eligible for recruitment in Indian Army. You have to pursue graduation degree after diploma course to join Indian Army.

For recruitment in Indian Army candidates have to appear and qualify in CDS. CDS examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that, the candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university.

The age limit to appear for examination is 19-24 years. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
28th March 2016, 03:47 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should have completed your 12th board in order to be eligible to apply for Indian Army. Therefore, if you have completed your 12th board examination from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% in aggregate, you are very much eligible to apply for NDA examination otherwise I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for one.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?