6th November 2016, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech after 3 years diploma in mechanical course?

Sir,I am studying in diploma 2nd year. I am doing this course after 10th. Can I do B.Tech after completing my 3 years of diploma in mechanical? Is there any entrance exam for admission? Is there is admission for B.Tech on the basis of 3rd year diploma marks ?

Related Questions:
  1. B.Tech correspondence after Diploma in Mechanical, Diploma in Safety Engineering and 10 years of work experience?
  2. Can I get admission in B.Tech after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering? Which is the best option?
  3. Is it possible for me to change my stream in B.Tech after completion of diploma course? or I need to take the same stream as in diploma?
  4. How to take admission in btech mechanical engineering in west bengal after diploma in automobile?
  5. What are the various branches in B.tech courses?
  6. Last 6 years question papers of diploma in Mechanical engineering
  7. Last 6 year papers of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. What should we do after completion of B.Tech Civil engineering to get a government job in future? -- [New]
  9. How can I get last six years question paper of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How can I do mechanical diploma by correspondence?
  11. Can I do B.Tech after completing 3 years of diploma?
  12. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How can I do mechanical diploma by correspondence?
  14. Can I do B.Tech from AMIE after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  15. Last 6 years papers of Diploma in Mechanical 1st and 2nd semester?
  16. Is it a right decision to go for PG diploma in Mechanical after completing diploma mechanical?
  17. What should I choose between Diploma in Electrical and B.E in Mechanical being an experienced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering candidate?
  18. Different subject in B.Tech. (mechanical) after Diploma (EEE)
6th November 2016, 06:21 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech after 3 years diploma in mechanical course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,I am studying in diploma 2nd year. I am doing this course after 10th. Can I do B.Tech after completing my 3 years of diploma in mechanical? Is there any entrance exam for admission? Is there is admission for B.Tech on the basis of 3rd year diploma marks ?

Yes, you can do B.Tech after 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering course through lateral entry mode. The candidates who have secured 50% or more marks in Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from the State Board of Technical Education are eligible to apply for B.Tech program under lateral entry scheme. The admission to the B.Tech course is done through a separate state level entrance examinations for the students of lateral entry (diploma holders). The shortlisted candidates will be admitted directly to the second year of the B.Tech course.
6th November 2016, 07:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course from a recognised board. Candidates who have passed three years Diploma in Engineering course from a recognised board are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years Engineering course through lateral entry admission process. You need to appear and qualify the LEET/ ECET/ JELET examination conducted by your respective state technical board for getting lateral entry admission in B.Tech course.
6th November 2016, 09:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion in diploma in Mechanical Engineering, so you are eligible for B.Tech course through Lateral Entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for lateral entry exam:-
  1. Candidate should have passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 50% marks.
  2. Candidate should have passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 50% marks.
  3. Candidate's age should be above 18 years.
7th November 2016, 02:54 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in direct 2nd year of B.Tech course after completion of your Diploma by appearing in LEET examination, for that you should have scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate in your Diploma course. After clearing LEET examination, you will be able to get admission in B.Tech course in any good college, depending upon your marks sored.
7th November 2016, 04:04 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can do B.Tech after the completion of 3 years of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
Candidates those who have completed their Diploma course from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to take admission directly in the 2nd year of B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after qualifying in the entrance examination.
Candidates must have to qualify in the LEET examination in order to be eligible for lateral entry process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?