8th July 2018, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I get Diploma Civil admission being an ITI holder in Fitter?

Respected Sir, I have completed my ITI course in Fitter. I want to take admission for Diploma in Civil Engineering course. So, can I get admission and study this Diploma course? Please help me to know about this asap.

Related Questions:
12th July 2018, 04:46 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Diploma Civil admission being an ITI holder in Fitter?

As you said you have completed ITI course in Fitter and want to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering course, so it is quite possibly for you. After completing ITI in any Branch Like - Electrican Fitter, Turner, Automobile Machinig etc. You can get admission in Polytechnic course. For that some institute*conducts it's own Entrance Exam and some give direct admission to ITI holders. So you can get admission to Diploma course in the 2nd year 3rd semester through lateral entry scheme.
13th July 2018, 08:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are looking for lateral entry admission in diploma in civil engineering, then ITI fitter is not the right qualification. The trade is not considered for lateral entry in civil engineering stream.

If you are looking for admission in diploma in civil engineering without lateral entry, then you can surely apply for entrance exam based on class 10th.
15th July 2018, 01:55 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> Diploma in Civil Engineering is a Diploma level course.

=> The duration of this course is three years after 10th and two years after 12th or ITI.

=> As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get Diploma Civil admission being an ITI holder in Fitter.

The name of best jobs for you after completing this course are given below.

=> Real Estate Companies

=> Civil & Interior (Projects)

=> Railways

=> Architect Companies

=> Roadways

=> Airports
15th July 2018, 05:01 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do Diploma in Civil Engineering course after completion of your ITI course. To be eligible to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering course, you should have passed 10th standard or 12th standard or two years ITI course from a Government recognised institute. So, being an ITI passed student, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of Diploma course through lateral entry admission process.
19th July 2018, 12:42 PM
sushantohal007

Yes offcourse you will get admission in Diploma in Civil Engineering..
A Diploma corse is of 3 years, but a
ITI holder gets admission in 2nd year of Diploma Course after the completion of his 2 years of ITi course.
So at the time of registration for the CAP rounds You can choose your field in diploma according to you(Engineering fields like Mechanical, civil, etc)., it doesn't matter the ITi corse you have done it depends upon you. The only exception is that the ITI course you have completed should be in Engineering trade ( like the one you have done i.e fitter)
The admission procedure for direct 2nd year Admission in Diploma can be seen on the official website of Techincal Education board of respective state, for e.g for maharashtra it is M.S.B.T.E i.e Maharashtra state board of Techincal Education.
If any other quries about this topic feel free to ask me.
14th August 2020, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Can I get Diploma Civil admission being an ITI in Mechanic Diesel?
4th December 2021, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I get diploma CSE admission being an iti holder in turner
10th December 2021, 02:32 PM
Chandanguriya
Banned

Yes you can get admission in civil branch threw Lateral Entry direct in second year. You must have to qualify the entrance exam and then you can choose civil branch during councling.
11th June 2022, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Can i get civil diploma admission after iti electronic mechanic my iti pass out year is 2015
1st August 2022, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Can iti electrician student pursue diploma in civil engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?