13th April 2023, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I give entrance in COMEDK after my diploma?

Sir can I give entrance in COMEDK after my diploma?

14th April 2023, 11:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give entrance in COMEDK after my diploma?

Diploma degree holders are not eligible for appearing in COMEDK examination as for the same examination students having completed second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government where the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject are eligible.

For complete details regarding COMEDK examination, you can refer to the information brochure released for the same examination by referring to the link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...TOcyjl1KQjyHbA.
15th April 2023, 12:23 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can give entrance in COMEDK after completing your diploma. COMEDK conducts entrance exams for admission to undergraduate engineering courses in colleges across Karnataka.

To be eligible for COMEDK, you need to have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, and English as a language subject. However, if you have completed your diploma in engineering, you can also apply for COMEDK.

Diploma holders are eligible for lateral entry admission to the second year of the undergraduate engineering course through COMEDK. To be eligible for lateral entry admission, you need to have completed your diploma in engineering with a minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category candidates) and should have studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
15th April 2023, 02:22 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, you're eligible to write COMEDK. A candidate passing a 10+3 Diploma where Maths is a compulsory subject, with an aggregate of 50% (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) through a recognised Central/State Government is also considered valid for admission.
15th April 2023, 11:24 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

An attempt for the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to engineering courses is considered adequate for filling the rank.
There is no scheme for lateral entry, which means that candidates with diploma degrees are not eligible.
15th April 2023, 11:57 AM
Dudu...

Thumbs up Re: Can I give entrance in COMEDK after my diploma?

Yes, you can appear for the COMEDK (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka) entrance exam after completing a diploma in engineering. However, you will be eligible for lateral entry admission to the second year of the engineering degree program offered by the participating colleges under COMEDK.

To appear for the COMEDK entrance exam, you need to fulfill the eligibility criteria specified by the exam conducting body. For lateral entry admission, you should have completed a diploma in engineering or technology from a recognized board or university. You should also have secured a minimum aggregate percentage in your diploma as specified by the participating colleges.
15th April 2023, 12:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, Diploma degree holders are not eligible for appearing in COMEDK for getting admission in undergraduate technical degree courses in institutes taking admission through COMEDK as there is no provision for a lateral entry admission to B.E./B.Tech. degree course for Diploma in Engineering degree holders through COMEDK.

For information regarding COMEDK eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link https://www.comedk.org/uploads/comed...ruary-2023.pdf.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?