4th April 2020, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I join BTech Marine Engineering being a Diploma holder in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?

Respected Sir, I have completed my Diploma Engineering last year. I have completed with EEE(Electrical and Electronics Engineering) branch. So, I want to know, can I join Marine Engineering in my BTech now? Is this possible?

6th April 2020, 11:27 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join BTech Marine Engineering being a Diploma holder in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?

Yes, you can join Marine engineering after completion of your diploma in EEE.

You can pursue Diploma in Marine Engineering.

Minimum marks-
The percentage of the candidates should be in between 50-60 % marks in final year of diploma programme.

Age limit- upper age limit is 28 years, at the time when the course starts.

Scope of Marine Engineering is higher than electrical and electronics engineering.
7th April 2020, 12:56 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join BTech Marine Engineering being a Diploma holder in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my Diploma Engineering last year. I have completed with EEE(Electrical and Electronics Engineering) branch. So, I want to know, can I join Marine Engineering in my BTech now? Is this possible?
Well, after completing your Diploma in ECE, you may join Marine Engineering. There is no difference between maritime engineering and ECE Engineering course. ECE students are pursuing Maritime Research. Marine engineering is more extensive than telecommunications and communication engineering.
8th April 2020, 09:17 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course definitely your eligible to apply for B.Tech Marine Engineering being a Diploma holder in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Marine Engineering course designed for Diploma students only. A course called DME (Diploma in Marine Engineering) is available, which can be used by holders of Diploma Engineering. Not all holders of the Diploma Branches are qualified to pursue this 2-year pre-sea training course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?