11th July 2023, 02:53 AM
Unregistered

Can I pursue nursing in Diploma having the following grades?

Can I pursue nursing in Diploma having the following grades
C ov grade
Biology C
Chemistry C minus
Maths D
Kiswahili C plus
English c
Physics D

20th July 2023, 12:44 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue nursing in Diploma having the following grades?

The minimum entry requirements for diploma in nursing are:-

Mean grade of C- in KCSE
C in English or Kiswahili and Biology or Biological Science.
C in any of the following : Chemistry, or Physics or Physical Science or Mathematics.

If you have a C in English, Kiswahili, Biology, and Chemistry, then you are eligible to pursue diploma in nursing. However, if you have a D in any of these subjects, then you will not be eligible.

There are some private colleges that may accept students with D grades, but these colleges are not accredited by the Nursing Council of Kenya.

Here are some other options you can consider if you are not eligible for diploma in nursing:

Certificate in Community Health Nursing
Bridging course
Enrol in a different healthcare course
Some of these courses include:
Medical Laboratory Technology
Radiography
Physiotherapy
Occupational Therapy
Speech and Language Therapy.
20th July 2023, 05:07 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue nursing in Diploma having the following grades?

You cannot pursue diploma in nursing having C and D grades in KCSE. The minimum entry requirement for diploma in nursing is a C- in KCSE while degree course requires at least a C+.

Here are the KCSE grades you need to pursue nursing:-

C in English or Kiswahili and Biology or Biological Science.
C in any of the following : Chemistry, or Physics or Physical Science or Mathematics.
Aggregate should be C grade and above.

If you have C and D grades in KCSE, you can still pursue a career in nursing. You can apply for a bridging course that will help you improve your grades. Once you have improved your grades, you can apply for admission to a diploma in nursing program.

You can also consider pursuing a career in other healthcare-related fields, such as medical laboratory technology, pharmacy, or radiology. These fields also require a diploma or degree, but the entry requirements are not as strict as nursing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?